Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was the longest shot you have ever made on an animal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

400 yards

Comment

320 yards

Comment

Clay about the .45 ACP shot, my neighbor can duplicate it on a more or less routine basis. He's much better than me with the handgun and I once thought I was a pretty fair hand. If he ever stays home long enough I intend to make a video of him shooting long range and aerial shooting with a handgun so you guys won't think I'm lying. Oh yeah he is also the fellow who shoots trap with a Beretta 390 using only one arm. He usually breaks 20 singlehandly and it really makes the hard core trapshooters angry which is exactly why he does it.
        I've dumped deer over 500 yards with one shot several times and elk at better than 700. I don't recommend this for everyone but I have the right rifle, scope, and ammo with which along with my rangefinder and windmeter I use a lot year round. My kid can hit them further than me. Dear in mind this is in Wyoming where we can see for miles, have time to set up for the shot, and know what we are doing. I usually don't even mention this sort of thing because some hunters simply do not understand it, no offense to anyone intended.

Comment

I popped a squirrel off the fence in my back yard from about 25 yards with my pellet gun. I'd love to try some real hunting.

Comment

woodchuck 112 yards with my 22.

Comment

100 yards... I live in Florida, what can I say. Shots do not exceed that very much down here.

Comment

192 yards on a white tail with a 30-30 bolt. Got 'em.

Comment

am not a bragger, but a few years ago i made the lotngest shot on a elk. I do my own hand loads, and i practice at least a 1000 rounds long range before hunting season. i ranged this elk at 1103 yards, had a dead rest and all the time i needed. shooting my 7mm mag my hold over about 5 ft i fired one shot and hit the elk. It took about ten steps and dropped, i would not recommend this at all unless you are very familiar with your equipment

Comment

85 yards.

Comment

I shot a 308 savage, leupold scope 500 yards at a 8"x8"x1/2" steel plate and hit it. Oh ya it was at night with night vision optics. Pretty Cool

Comment

350 Yards!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad