Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was the longest shot you have ever made on an animal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what was the longest shot you have ever made on an animal.

what was the longest shot you have ever made on an animal.

I havent taken to far of a shot but my friend dropped a deer at 514 yds

Comment

I've killed 2 over 440. I don't recomend it unless you shoot every weekend or every other.

Comment

I shot a 4 point muley at 621 yards and a cow elk at 756 yards. I used a Nikon rangefinder on the deer with a 25/06 handload 117 gr. Nosler Partition and a .338 Win Mag with another handloaded Nosler Partition 210 gr. and a Bushnell 1500 ARC rangefinder on the elk. In both cases the Nosler failed to expand. I now load 180 gr. Accubond Noslers for the .338 at a blistering speed of 3300 fps with superb accuracy. I practice shooting at long yardage weekly and wouldn't recommend anyone try long shots like these without knowing your gun, loads, and lots of practice. I shoot rockchucks and prarie dogs at very long yardage. On both guns I have 6X24 50mm scopes with SAO in 30mm tubes.

Comment

About 300 yards on an elk. I hit it 3 times with my .308 but it wouldn't go down so I used my dad's 300 to finish him off.

Comment

400 yrds

Comment

300-400 yards it was great

Comment

In 2008 I made a 300 yard shot on my first deer i am only 13 but i have been shooting for about five yaers now

Comment

A whitetail at 487 yards. I have taken several game anilmals over 400, but still preffer to get in close when possible. My longest kill was on a ground squirrel at 574 with a .243, a lot of luck at that range.

Comment

58 yards. Oh, it was with a bow.

Comment

lol, 15 yrds.

Comment

We were at Capitan New Mexico out on the range late Saturday packing up to go home and a jackrabbit made a fatal mistake of jumping up on the burn while we were still at the 1000 yard line. Nobody was down range. M1A, 172 grain 7.62NATO M118 round, open sights at 32 clicks and 7 clicks left equals’ one big furry poof!

Comment

I remember when I was 14 and on a small hill overlooking a flat area just east of Tucson Az. There was a 50 gallon drum about a ½ mile out in the middle of it. I looked at my friend and he said give it a try. Colt 1911A1 45ACP 230 grain FMJ. I aimed at the drum and elevated to front sight to a point I couldn’t see the drum and squeezed it off. BOOM! 1,2,3,4 thud!!! I hit the darn thing, honest to god I did!!! You think I can do it again? Got a case of ammo!! LOL!!!

Comment

"
                            " Imagine shooting at 700-750 yds
                            ! You have a Leupold VARIX-II Duplex.
                            ====--+--==== You hold over to the point
                            ! where the fine vertical hair
                            " meets the thick and place
                            " that on the back with just
                            a tad hold over with your
                            hold over with your 338 Win Mag with Hornady 225 grain at 3000fps. One shot, one Caribou!

Comment

Moosed that one up I did, looked good in the post anser block with cross hairs and all

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad