Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have experience in reloading the 30 TC? I have a Thompson Center rifle in this caliber and can not find any reloadi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have experience in reloading the 30 TC? I have a Thompson Center rifle in this caliber and can not find any reloadi

Does anyone have experience in reloading the 30 TC? I have a Thompson Center rifle in this caliber and can not find any reloading information.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Why did you do that for!!! LOL!

I’ve been always against these kinds of cartridges and going to start referring to them as fad cats!

The jury is still out for reloading this cartridge at this time. Recommend contacting TC Arms to find out more.

Clip from the TC web... This still-experimental ammo featured a 150-grain Hornady SST bullet at 2,950 fps--whopping velocity from such a short case.

Another clip from the TC web… It is not yet known if the same technology can similarly enhance the .30 TC, but it isn't likely because of the limits imposed by case capacity. Initial indications are the .30 TC will hold up well with 165-grain bullets, but it isn't likely that it will come up to .30-06 performance with bullets of 180 grains and heavier.

Coops bottom line

30-06 factory load is 2970fps and hand load the same 150 grain Hornady with 53 grains of IMR4064 about 3170fps out of a 22 inch barrel!

You’re not going to get the performance out of an already shortened 308 case as a 308 or better yet 30-06 and good luck loading 180’s. I don’t care what anyone says, that’s the new left wing shooters frame of mind.

The reason they can safely push this little cartridge can be explained. Put it simply there is no old 30TC’s floating out in world. Therefore they can take the 30TC cartridge and load it hotter.

What is this world coming to?

By the way, Rolaids isle 5!

Comment

like Clay said you would be better off with a 30.06 or 308. I have had my own problems with tc never own another one.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad