Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've got a Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70 that won't chamber the leverlutions. I will shoot the Remington lead ones fine but not the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70 that won't chamber the leverlutions. I will shoot the Remington lead ones fine but not the

I've got a Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70 that won't chamber the leverlutions. I will shoot the Remington lead ones fine but not the Hornadys. Has anyone else had this problem with the leverlutions or Marlin rifles? What should I do? Send the gun back to Marlin or go to a local Gunsmith?

Mine chambers fine. Possibly the long tip is hanging up under the feed ramp. I'd at least call Marlin but probably end up taking it to a gunsmith unless its new. I've only called Marlin once about getting a new butt pad. That lady wasn't helpful at all, hope they got rid of her for your sake.

Comment

It could be the tips like Jim said. Are there any different crimppings on the Remmington rounds vs. the Hornady's? See if you can hail someone for Marlin online instead of sending it in first. Tech support is great.

Comment

Thanks, the lever won't close on the chambered bullet. I think its the rifle instead of the bullets I was just wondering if you guys had any theories

Comment

Brad,

You didn't say if it was a feeding problem or if the bolt would not lock up on the chambered round. The LeverEvolution ammo feeds fine through a Marlin 1895 I have (same action). If it is a feeding problem it could be the cartridge overall length is too long. If the bolt won't lock up the rifle it could be short chambered a bit. Either way I would give Marlin a shout!

Comment

I know this is a "dumb question" but you didn't get 450 Marlin cartridges in your 45/70 box did you?
            They are not the same, and the 450 is designed not to chamber in a 45/70.
            That sounds like a possibility, but not likely. Check the headstamps, just to be sure.
            It could be as simple as someone had two boxes open (one of each type) at the same time and put them away in the wrong sleeve.

Comment

I have heard about some rifles having problems with the Leverevolution rounds. My win94 does not but i havent seent too many downrange with it yet. I applaud Hornady for adding the .32 win.spl to the line-up otherwise that rifle would just sit in the safe.

Comment

The only time i had a problem loading a round was when i used Leverevolution rounds thats the only time my self i don't use the last time was 6months ago that was the promblem.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Visible Voter "fraud"
                  by 99explorer
                  I like this excerpt from the link to The Amerrican Thinker:

"The burden is now on the “coronation crowd” and the courts.
                  All of...
                  Today, 04:05 PM
                • Visible Voter "fraud"
                  by FirstBubba
                  First. Note that in Milwaukee, WI, another 386 uncounted votes were found(?).

On to bigger and much more visible evidence.

Today, 10:13 AM
                • Reply to Voter Fraud
                  by 99explorer
                  The reason Trump drew so much support from the black community is that Biden's Crime Bill of 1994 had put so many of the brothers behind bars.
                  Today, 03:37 PM
                • Voter Fraud
                  by bowhunter75richard
                  For those who claim voter fraud is not happening......Google The Heritage Foundation/election fraud cases ! All states are listed.......it just might...
                  11-06-2020, 08:01 PM
                • Reply to Voter Fraud
                  by bowhunter75richard
                  When uneducated people continue to vote for the man instead of the agenda of a party, we will continue to see the BS that is being reported to us after...
                  Today, 02:23 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X