Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Things You Find At A Yard Sale, I Found A Remington Mod-8 In 35 Rem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    Nice find!
    Fitch, maybe the rifle seller was only hoping to get $75 for it, so both parties are happy.

Comment

I paid 500 for this beater 760 in .35 rem.
      Added the 4X compact Leupold. Wears different/lower rings now though.
      1963 model
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
        1963 model
        Prev .35 rem rifle was TC Contender carbine. Two shots, two deer. Just didn't like a break open rifle for deer hunting. Might set up my current frame to handgun, doesn't bother me there. Might get another Super 14 in .35 rem. Theyre a hoot (but too much for my arthritis). Range toy no, hunting maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
          That was a deal for sure. Only 4,900 of the FN guns were produced (it was not popular in Europe). The .35 Remington was the most useful and popular caliber for Model 8 (though a few Remington Model 81 were made in .300 Savage before it was discontinued in 1950).
          More on the Rem-08 The 35Rem Cartridge was it first loading only for the "Auto Loading Rifle" of 1900 in 1914-15 it was then the model-08 and other loading started.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
            1963 model
            I had a Rem 141/35rem wt 24"Bbl had it cut to 20"s What a Hog Buster,The best.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
              Nice find!
              If the offer was accepted, it’s a good offer

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                The yard sale was run by three older (60ish) woman, ms Toni found a WW I. 5th Marine Regiment Helmet $15.00, lots of old boots,hats,pots, belts.silver spoons ms Toni grabbed them up $20.00. I guess we got there just in time as people were starting to park and walk in. "Early Bird Gets the Goodies"
                Since when is 60ish old ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
                  TreeStand nice score, it’s hard to say the exact value but somemewhere between 800 to 1200. 35 Remington is still a popular caliber and that helps the model 8 value strangely enough. I would say at least you covered your investment by at least 1000 %. Congratulations !! Happy to see you and miss Toni out and about!
                  That mod. 8 or 81 was one that was involved in the Bonnie & Clyde shoot out.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• What An Education
                    by jhjimbo
                    Anybody who watched Tucker Carlson tonight got a real education, on several fronts. What do you think?
                    Today, 08:58 PM
                  • Just Right
                    by jhjimbo
                    Has anyone tried the new .31 cal, 30Super Carry. just what the name implies the quintessential between the .30 and the infamous 9mmLuger. Two years in...
                    Today, 08:56 PM
                  • Reply to Just Right
                    by 99explorer
                    Do you have a link for that?
                    I never heard of a cartridge developed for concealed carry.
                    Today, 08:52 PM
                  • Just Right
                    by jhjimbo
                    Has anyone tried the new .31 cal, 30Super Carry. just what the name implies the quintessential between the .30 and the infamous 9mmLuger. Two years...
                    Today, 04:59 PM
                  • Reply to Jan. 6 committee illegally formed
                    by labrador12
                    Brandon is the most corrupt President in history. Brandon's crackhead son has been the bagman for his 10%. The Crackhead son who failed to pay millions...
                    Today, 08:25 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X