Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Things You Find At A Yard Sale, I Found A Remington Mod-8 In 35 Rem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Things You Find At A Yard Sale, I Found A Remington Mod-8 In 35 Rem.

Ms,Toni & I, Was Cruising The Yard Sales Up In Lake City, People are looking to make Christmas money. I came across this Old Remington Rifle in used but good conduction. Price asking was $100. I paid $75.00 cash. At home with some clean-up come to find it was made in Belgium by FN,1928, It has 85% Blueing NO Dings or chips in walnut stock.all parts are working and it shoots well. What's It Worth??

The yard sale was run by three older (60ish) woman, ms Toni found a WW I. 5th Marine Regiment Helmet $15.00, lots of old boots,hats,pots, belts.silver spoons ms Toni grabbed them up $20.00. I guess we got there just in time as people were starting to park and walk in. "Early Bird Gets the Goodies"

Comment

TreeStand nice score, it’s hard to say the exact value but somemewhere between 800 to 1200. 35 Remington is still a popular caliber and that helps the model 8 value strangely enough. I would say at least you covered your investment by at least 1000 %. Congratulations !! Happy to see you and miss Toni out and about!

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
        TreeStand nice score, it’s hard to say the exact value but somemewhere between 800 to 1200. 35 Remington is still a popular caliber and that helps the model 8 value strangely enough. I would say at least you covered your investment by at least 1000 %. Congratulations !! Happy to see you and miss Toni out and about!
        Nice find. I like garage sales and flea markets. Not crazy about auctions but I have heard about good finds there as well.

Comment

Thanks I'm doing some research on this FN Belgium made Remington " John M Browning"invention???

Comment

That was a deal for sure. Only 4,900 of the FN guns were produced (it was not popular in Europe). The .35 Remington was the most useful and popular caliber for Model 8 (though a few Remington Model 81 were made in .300 Savage before it was discontinued in 1950).

Comment

Thanks jimbo Estate sales "Auctions"are the same. You need Cash Or Pay-Pal No other credit cards will be excepted.

Comment

Nice find!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                  Nice find!
                  Thanx kid.

Comment

I must admit to being curious how "...good conduction...." pertains to a rifle.

Unless a electric fence is involved...

Comment

Treestand, I'm not surprised you offered less, but you should be ashamed of yourself. At $100 that was a steal and you know it. Good grief man.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                        That was a deal for sure. Only 4,900 of the FN guns were produced (it was not popular in Europe). The .35 Remington was the most useful and popular caliber for Model 8 (though a few Remington Model 81 were made in .300 Savage before it was discontinued in 1950).
                        Thank's for the History Lesson Honker! My Question is Why was this semi-rifle not used in WW I, Their were so many different calibers used, one more would not hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                          Treestand, I'm not surprised you offered less, but you should be ashamed of yourself. At $100 that was a steal and you know it. Good grief man.....
                          FITCH270, I'm a Gun Trader/Dealer at heart, The rifle was hiding in a old Gun case, only part of the stock was showing from what i saw i knew it was an 08 or 81, She said make me an offer so i did! I had no idea what conduction it was in till home.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                            My old man likes to wheel and deal in all kinds of lawn sale stuff so I get that. I'll buy to flip stuff on occasion but not unless I know for sure what something is worth and that someone will want it.

I don't buy lottery tickets either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                              I think the French ordered some during WWI. Let me check on that ... yes, a few were issued to the French air force. Too heavy and too many working parts to be useful in trench warfare. They would have gummed up and become inoperable quickly. Required a surgery certificate to dismantle them completely for cleaning.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad