Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to put camo on my stock i was wondering if i should use the vinyl tape or the heat shrink skin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to put camo on my stock i was wondering if i should use the vinyl tape or the heat shrink skin?

I want to put camo on my stock i was wondering if i should use the vinyl tape or the heat shrink skin?

Which ever one you use you've got to be careful to make that moisture doesn't get in. A friend of mine did that to his gun and it rusted and ruined the stock in about a 2 year time period. If it were me I would just try to find a camo stock for you gun instead.

Comment

buy a stock try http://www.ramlinestocks.com/

Comment

Not a good idea unless you don't care about the stock underneath the tape.

Comment

I would use the Mossy Oak heat tape. It says on the package that it is removable if you want to return to the original stock.

Comment

Make sure the tape is on tight if you do. Guns can rust easily that way. You may be able to find an affordable stock, and that would probably be the safer way.

Comment

vinyl tape

Comment

i would use cloth tape.

Comment

I dont have a wood stock so that vinyl tape would be good right?

Comment

I'd go with tape or just paint it. and yes if you have synthetic stock you'll be alright. The tape is very easy to use.

Comment

Tape works well. But make sure moisture doesn't get under it.

Comment

On composite it won't matter, on wood be very careful either way. NO MOISTURE!!

Comment

I would use a flat paint, and spray it on leaves to give the appearance of leafy camo.
                          I don't think I would put tape on my stock.

Comment

Don't use tape because that could really ruin the stock because moisture will get under the tap no matte how tight you wrap it. I would suggest Duracoat... it goes on like paint. Just type it in a search bar and you will see. It is suppose to really good and prevent and repel moisture and be basically resistant to heat.

Comment

I don't recommend using tape but you could paint it if you like!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad