Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anybody taken deer with the Hornady Lever revolution using the 30.30 round? I have been using the traditional soft tip bull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anybody taken deer with the Hornady Lever revolution using the 30.30 round? I have been using the traditional soft tip bull

has anybody taken deer with the Hornady Lever revolution using the 30.30 round? I have been using the traditional soft tip bullets and am wondering if the Lever revolution ammo works?

You'll be better off shooting hollow points, particularly anything over 150-200 grains. The hollow points will allow you to do with less time what other's can't, which is take down deer quicckyl in brush without looking for them all over. The meat will still be good, but the impact shock will be far better.

Comment

ive not used it, but some friends of mine did and they DIDN'T like it.

Comment

The Lever Evolution is good ammo. In the 30/30 it has about 250 fps more velocity and considerably more energy than standard factory rounds. The bullet performance I have seen from the round in 30/30 and 45/70 was excellent. There is also an increase in recoil for both rounds.

Comment

I like it. Shoots faster, farther and more accurate.

Comment

I have Lever ammo for my .35Rem but that gun wasn't in my hand when I took my deer. At the range I could tell they had more velocity and slightly more recoil. Surprisingly the accuracy wasn't as good, but ok for hunting.

Comment

I switched to the leverevolution this year, with very good results. I shot a buck at about 35 yards, dropping him in his tracks.

Comment

I haven't used it in a 30-30 but my 35 wit lever ammo was death upon several deer this year. Great bullets, you should definitely make the switch, you won't regret it. My accuracy didn't change from coreloks to lever ammo.

Comment

I've got a Marlin Guide Gun that won't chamber the leverlutions. I will shoot the lead ones fine but not the Hornadys. So I really couldn't tell you, just wanted you to know the problem I was having, its in 45-70 though

Comment

I don't like it.

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad