Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a Remington 522 Viper, and every time i shoot it fires but the shell casing does not eject it gets jammed up sideways in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a Remington 522 Viper, and every time i shoot it fires but the shell casing does not eject it gets jammed up sideways in

I have a Remington 522 Viper, and every time i shoot it fires but the shell casing does not eject it gets jammed up sideways in the chamber. It fires fine everytime, but will NOT eject right. It tries but never gets it out it gets jammed in sidways everytime. WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT PLEASE HELP!!!!!

What loads (brands) are you shooting in it?

Comment

might be the slide to it might not be moving correctly

Comment

Ditto with matouse3. Those crappy Winchester Wildcats will do that every time.

Comment

Take it apart and clean the guts, and leave it just barely oiled with something thin. Probably just the ammo but this sure won't hurt.

Comment

Yeah, i'm with shane. Clean that bugger.

Comment

If the shell casing get left in the magazine space in a horizontal position virtually every time the problem is usually a failure of the extractor to do its job. The extractor has to hold the casing by the rim long enough to make contact with the ejector located on the other side of the receiver. Don't write off what the guys have said about cleaning! If you've been shooting a lot and failing to keep the chamber and bolt operating area clean you should start there.

Comment

just take it to a local gun nut that you trust or gun dealer they will fix it or thell you whats wrong

Comment

Agreed with libertyfirst and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Another point - this hinges on proper cleaning as well: since we are talking about a semi-automatic gas- operated firearm, FAILURE TO CLEAN THE GAS PORTS PROPERLY MAY RESULT IN A MALFUNCTION. In this case, the ports may be stopped up with dirt, crud and corruption, even though the gun looks spotless. The effect is that the action will cycle faster than intended, slamming forward on the properly ejecting empty case and jamming the gun up. It is also not uncommon to eject the casing and fail to load the next round, since the action is moving faster than the mechanical magazine spings can push. This goes for reloaders as well - the same thing will happen if an individual says "Hey, watch this", and promptly overloads a few rounds expecting the weapon to function the same way. It's like putting higher octane gas in your car, there's more power transfer with the added fuel; so the gasses try to blast out of the gas ports and cause the weapon to cycle really fast. Take a small drill bit (NOT IN THE DRILL) and roll it between your fingers to clean out the ports periodically. YOU ARE ONLY REMOVING DIRT AND GUNK HERE, NO STEEL CHIPS. If you open the holes up larger than they were originally drilled, there will be less pressure working on the action, and the gun may fail to lock up or shut properly (and most guns won't fire if they aren't shut). THIS IS BAD. And if you feel uncomfortable with any operation on a gun, take it to your local smith. They'll thank you for not destroying or altering anything.

Comment

hinge25 I have the same gun and it started doing this to me last weekend. its just a bad gun anyway you slice it.

Seth: do us a favor, if you are not familiar with the gun being talked about, don't post. the viper is not gas operated so why would you write a book about cleaning the gas ports. Also i know of nobody who reloads .22 ammo nor did the OP even talk about reloading.

Comment

when I remate the barrel/receiver to the stock,and pull the charging lever to the rear,It does not cock the weapon.I need some written instruction ,or a u tube video to figure how to properly re assemble the weapon.HELP!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad