Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have a marlin 30-06 bolt action. i need a scope for it. what would be the best scope for this gun? the area i hunt is swampy m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont use a scope if your gun has good ol fasioned irons. If it doesnt, id get a redfield widefield with a low variable

Comment

I have a Leopold 3-9 by 50 and it works great in dense cover. You will probably want something that covers the 3-6x range and has a wide field of view.

Comment

3-9 by 40 or 50. I personally have never had any problems with 40 mm objective lenses. 3-9 magnification range is pretty standard and is at home in thick woods as well as the open country. I have made the switch from leupold to Nikon. I'm thoroughly impressed with Nikon scopes, and I've shot them all. I have a nikon monarch 3.5-10 and it's about perfect for anything. I've had bad expiriences with bushnell. Don't even think about tasco, simmons and the like.
        good luck buddy, and good hunting

Comment

I have a Leupold FXII 4 x 33 on my Tikka T3 270. I love it. I hunt the same kind of stuff you do.

Comment

I have a Simmons Whitetail on my Remington 700 30/06 Sighted it in 7 years ago, fire 3 shots to check zero so far have not had to change a thing.

Comment

Meant to say I fire 3 shots every YEAR to check zero. thend several more for Practice.

Comment

Agreed with Beekeeper and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Yada Yada Yada
                  by fitch270
                  Well played Matt. That show was a staple in our house.

Today, 04:13 PM
                • TGIF; Yada Yada Yada
                  by fitch270
                  Talk’s cheap, let’s get to it.

05-24-2022, 10:09 PM
                • Reply to Scopes
                  by fitch270
                  No apology necessary, was more an observation than criticism per say.

I still have to disagree with you about the Crossfire II....
                  Today, 03:40 PM
                • Scopes
                  by FirstBubba
                  There was a time, a Weaver, Lyman, Redfield or Leopold scope was a goal every rifleman sought.
                  Burris, Bushnell, Tasco and Nikon were considered...
                  05-24-2022, 08:49 PM
                • Reply to Scopes
                  by DakotaMan
                  Sorry if I seem like a homer for Vortex scopes Fitch. I've not tried Vortex range finders, binoculars, spotting scopes, etc. so I can't comment on them...
                  Today, 02:27 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X