Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have heard of 8 gauges and 28 gauges but i dont know whether to believe that or not, is it true...is there such thing as 8 gau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Costley
    replied
    I would have to do some research to see if an 8 gauge exists ( a 10 gauge definitely does). I do know that a 28 gauge exists for sure. The 28 gauge is very uncommon and takes a back seat to the 12 and 20 gauge shotguns. The latter are more common and ammunition is widely available.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Beekeeper and + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• blackdawgz
    replied
    I don't know if they still make it, but a few years ago, October Country was selling a 8 gauge muzzle-loading double rifle. I handled one at a Frontier Show. It was BIG.

Leave a comment:

• 3030forlife
    replied
    Years ago my dad shot an 8 gauge single shot, needless to say he only fired it once!

Leave a comment:

• Jere Smith
    replied
    Clay you are a veritable encyclopedia!! Very good info there!

Leave a comment:

• rocky dettamanti
    replied
    yes there are 8 gauges and 28 gauges a 28 is like a 4-10 mostly used by smaller people and the hae them as low as 3 gauges the were used for comercial duck hunting they we usally mounted on th front of there boats and the trigger was pulled by a string

Leave a comment:

• meagel
    replied
    sounds like a kid question. Yes, there is a 28 guage

Leave a comment:

• 007Dom
    replied
    the 28 gauge is but i dont know about 8

Leave a comment:

• mattreney
    replied
    nice clay, somebody did their research. i have a .410 didnt realize it was that small fun to shoot though

Leave a comment:

• mattreney
    replied
    nice clay, somebody did their research i have a .410 didnt realize it was that small fun to shoot though

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Both true. I fired an old 8 Gauge double back in the Sixties. Don't remember what brand it was, possibly 'mule'. 28's are becoming more popular with classes of skeet and trap for those guns. Light recoil, pricey ammo.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    Rugar, Marlin, and I'm sure many others sell a 28gauge. Not sure about the 8 guage, I believe it was a late 1800's shotgun.

Leave a comment:

• rocky d bashaw
    replied
    yes, never shot 8ga though,i started years ago out on a 28ga rem 1100 shooting skeet and birds.

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    I seem to remember something about 6 gauge shells being used to clean the crud out of smokestacks. I saw a beautiful matched pair of old 4-bores, but they were round ball black powder rifles.

Leave a comment:

• KMB33
    replied
    they are both real. I have heard of them both tough not 8 as much.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad