Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions for a single shot break action rifle mainly for deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions for a single shot break action rifle mainly for deer?

I was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions for a single shot break action rifle mainly for deer?

If you're looking for a good budget rifle, CVA is currently producing some great single shot break action rifles as of late. If you're looking to spend a little money, the Thompson Center has a good selection of quality single shot break action rifles.

Comment

youtube search "Kassandra cow elk kill"

Comment

The NEF Handi Rifle. Hard to beat.
        For a "premier" single shot rifle, look at a Ruger No. 1.

Comment

I got a CVA .243 youth model for the grandson last fall and I'm highly impressed with the way it shoots and, especially, the fine trigger pull (3LB.)

Comment

I have had good luck with the various CVA rifles I own. (.223,.243,45/70,20ga,.50 cal BP) Mine are all older models but it sounds like they have made some improvements to the triggers. Rough triggers has been my only criticism to date.
            If you want a nicer looking rifle the Ruger #1, while not a break action, is a good choice. All my CVA rifles shoot as well, and one does better,than the Ruger I own even though the Ruger has a better trigger.

Comment

I have the NEF in .223, 22-260, .308, 45/70, and .50cal BP on three different receivers. They all shoot great.

Comment

make that 22-250

Comment

For hunting with your peers, you must have a proper rifle. You need make no apologies or cover the brand name with your thumb if you appear with a Krieghoff.

www.krieghoff.com/hunting/hubertus-single-shot-rifle/

Comment

I used to have a NEF handi rifle that shot well.

Comment

I am not a fan of single shot rifles of any brand especially T/C and ones with an exposed hammer. Stay with a bolt action you won't regret it.

Comment

I heard NEF handi rifle

Comment

You gan go to www.H&R1871.com and see the line of H&R, NEF and Marlin firearms. Remington (Freedom Group International) owns Marlin which bought H&R and New England Firearms.
                          Go to Customer Service and look for barrel program and you can see the list of barrels for rifle and shotgun available.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Jan. 6 committee illegally formed
                            by labrador12
                            Does anyone think that Hutchinson's lies will be prosecuted? Under oath, lie after lie, with no repercussions at all. So much for Rats brilliant defence...
                            Today, 10:19 AM
                          • Jan. 6 committee illegally formed
                            by FirstBubba
                            Number 1 - the committee was SUPPOSED to be composed of 8 (D)'s and 5 (R)'s.
                            Pelosi rejected three of the (R) members and filled the spots with...
                            06-11-2022, 08:51 AM
                          • Reply to Just Right
                            by FirstBubba
                            That's SOP for me too. Don't feel badly! 😜

Stay well!...
                            Today, 10:18 AM
                          • Just Right
                            by jhjimbo
                            Has anyone tried the new .31 cal, 30Super Carry. just what the name implies the quintessential between the .30 and the infamous 9mmLuger. Two years...
                            06-28-2022, 04:59 PM
                          • Reply to Just Right
                            by 99explorer
                            Aileen Carol Wuornos was an American serial killer. In 1989–1990, while engaging in street prostitution along highways in Florida, she shot dead and robbed...
                            Today, 09:44 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X