Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody know if a Bell and Carlson medalist stock can be shortened by an inch by cutting the stock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody know if a Bell and Carlson medalist stock can be shortened by an inch by cutting the stock?

Does anybody know if a Bell and Carlson medalist stock can be shortened by an inch by cutting the stock?

they are solid compost stocks so in theory you could do it but other factors also come into play like why do you want to shorten it, what caliber and make is the gun, and which model of the medalist stock is it (if memory serves there are like a half dozen + models). Considering that they can be used with grind and fit recoil pads it should be fine but more information is always better. The best way is to probably just call the company.

Comment

Cutting it off an inch is sure possible and of course any time you cut something off, it gets shorter. Even if it had a hollow interior, you could build it up as necessary with fiberglass filler. I don't think that will be necessary though on any of the B&C stocks. A grind down butt pad like a LimbSaver (or perhaps even the one that comes on it) can be made to fit. I like the B&C stocks. This doesn't sound like too difficult an effort. I would also skim bed the receiver so you get a better fit for your rifle.

Comment

Pretty spendy stock. I might give B&C a call to see how much they would charge for the mod.

Comment

If you cut an inch off of it, it will certainly be shorter.
          I would recommend that if you chose to DIY, a VERY, sharp, fine toothed saw be used to reduce the possibility of splintering the composite fiber. Like WAM said, maybe a call to B&C would be in order before you screw up a pricey piece of equipment.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad