Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any experience with the newer Winchester Model 70s produced at the FN plant in South Carolina as of 2007? I'm w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any experience with the newer Winchester Model 70s produced at the FN plant in South Carolina as of 2007? I'm w

Does anyone have any experience with the newer Winchester Model 70s produced at the FN plant in South Carolina as of 2007? I'm wondering about feel, fit and finsh and accuracy. I'm looking at the Sporter and Ultimate Shadow SS models.

i dont have any experience shooting them, at least in one piece. my brother recently had a custom .270 short mag built and built it around a new model 70 action. from what i have heard and read the new model 70's are excellent firearms and really turned around from the not so nice ones in the recent past. i would not be hesitant to purchase one.

Comment

I bought one used in like new condition. I have the featherweight. I love it. It'll shoot MOA with Remington Accutip 130gr. I haven't actually shot a deer with it yet since most of my hunting is in a shotgun zone. I do wish it was stainless and synthetic though. It's such a beautiful gun I cringe with every nick or scratch.

~Laker

Comment

I should add, that even though it will shoot MOA, I certainly can't. At least, not without a bench rest and sandbags. But, as they say, "A man's got to know his limitations."

~Laker

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad