Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to stop the rattle on a REM 760/7600 pump slide. 2 years ago. I bumped a tree drawing a bead on a buck. the sli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PG37
    replied
    There is a way. It's simple, too. Remove the forend. You'll find a tubular connector that allows the forend to travel along the two guide rails. On the tube, you'll see a couple of indents that firm the tube to the connector. Using a nail set, or something similar, give those indents a slight tap. That will firm it up and stop the rattling.

Leave a comment:

• NHshtr
    replied
    You'll never change it. I have a 760 in .308. It was new back in '81 and my first deer rifle. It has had that rattle all those years and I've shot a lot of deer with it anyway. Of course I have a couple of other rifles now, but I still take the 760 out in rotation and shot a couple of deer with it last year and the year before. I still hunt most of the time. I just deal with it and don't worry about it. But if it "rattles" you, you may be better off getting something else other than a pump.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Sell or trade it for a newer 742 or 7400 and your problems will be over. I have had two 742's in 30-06 and they were fine. I now have the 7400 carbine 18 1/2" barrel in 30-06 and it is my heavy forest rifle. Two things with the 7400 are keep the bolt lugs clean and the trigger assembly clean and don't mess with it. Very early 740's had a couple problems but they were corrected many years ago.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    I have a 7600 and it rattles a bit too. I really need to replace the plastic butt cap with a remington recoil pad. Damn thing kicks like a mule.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Only one positive solution I'm aware of.
    SELL IT!
    Use the money to buy a Marlin lever gun!
    No more noise except "BOOM"!

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    That is just the way they are. I don't know of any way you can change it. I had a 760 years ago and I never could figure out a way to stop it.

Leave a comment:

• Anyone know how to stop the rattle on a REM 760/7600 pump slide. 2 years ago. I bumped a tree drawing a bead on a buck. the sli

Anyone know how to stop the rattle on a REM 760/7600 pump slide. 2 years ago. I bumped a tree drawing a bead on a buck. the slide rattled and his head came up. He didn’t see me and I dropped him. But I swore I would fix that so it wouldn’t happen again. The article on timney triggers reminded me to ask.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad