Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on reloading 30-06 Springfield. Given: Once fired Hornady Brass, CCI primers, 165 Grain Sierra boat tail soft point bul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My top choice is Varget for accuracy in that size bullet. Next would be IMR 4350.

Comment

Douglas, to give you an idea of how much I like Varget for that size bullet in 30-06, I stopped at over 25 large reloading supply stores between Atlanta GA and Butte Montana last Fall looking for Varget. I had to borrow enough Varget from my brother to load 10 rounds for my 2013 elk hunt (using 168g TTSX). 2013 was a bad year for Varget... it was very difficult to find.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Any Questions?
        by fitch270
        Tell me about it, I smile through gritted teeth at that one as I graduated HS in ‘85.

Speaking of Whitesnake.

Today, 07:52 PM
      • TGIF; Any Questions?
        by fitch270
        I’ll take song titles for $1000 Alex.

Yesterday, 08:34 PM
      • Reply to topic
        by FirstBubba
        You can only float the gears if the central processing unit rpm matches the hard drive ratio.
        Double clutching also works if you find the sound...
        Today, 07:42 PM
      • topic
        by jhjimbo
        08-06-2022, 08:29 PM
      • Reply to topic
        by franchi20
        Pick edit at the bottom of your post; choices will show up in a bar and include "delete". That will do what you want. Just for fun, l purposely...
        Today, 07:03 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X