Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone optimistic about the line of firearms that Mossberg and Duck Dynasty is partnering up to come out with. I think it is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone optimistic about the line of firearms that Mossberg and Duck Dynasty is partnering up to come out with. I think it is

Is anyone optimistic about the line of firearms that Mossberg and Duck Dynasty is partnering up to come out with. I think it is 4 rifles, 2 semi auto shotguns and 2 pistols. They haven't come out with any details yet. I don't know how far they will deviate from the present Mossberg line.

It sounds like an advertising gimmick to cash in on the recent publicity DD has been getting over Phil Robertson's controversial remarks.

Comment

I doubt it'll be anything special, just some minor changes to guns they already sell. I don't think I'm the target market so it doesn't matter much. Gerber has the Bear Grylls stuff. There's a million things with "Zombie" in the name. There's "Deer Thug", "Turkey Thug", "Bone Collector, and I'm sure I've skipped a bunch. I must by getting old and cranky, but modern marketing mystifies me.

"Get off my lawn",

~Laker

Comment

I think it will be their existing models. They are going to inscribe 'Faith,Family,Ducks' and DD in the stock.
        There is another attack on Phil trying to get traction. (CNN needs the ratings) They are going after his ideas of marrying young. His wife was 16 years old. However, a lot of States allow 16 and some even younger so I doubt it will go anywhere.

Comment

Absolutely just a gimick. They will put DD on the side and jack up the price $100.

Comment

Last year it was 'Swamp People' this year it is DD..... 'Choot 'em!

Comment

I love Duck Dynasty but I think this is pushing it a little to far... Just my opinion

Comment

I think it is an advertising ploy also. I just saw the updated list. They will be 9 different shotguns, 2 semi-auto rifles, and 1 semi-auto pistol. They didn't say anything about calibers of the rifles or pistol. I guess it is just free enterprise trying to make a few dollars more.

Comment

Not really. It's certainly a step down from their prior sponsor, Benelli.

Comment

99, explain to me how Mossberg got a contract with DD and created an entire line since the whole anti-homo thing. And of course this is an advertising ploy, but so what? It's just the free market working its magic.

Comment

If a firearms manufacturer is listening in. I was looking hard this past weekend at a real nice 45 long colt. I was thinking of trading my 357 and 44RemMag for it. All the sales person had to say and to his credit he was honest about it. “ 45 colt ammo is hard to get”. That killed that sale.

Bottom line Mr. firearms manufacturer:: If you can’t get Ammo, you aren't gonna sell any guns,

Comment

As much as I like DD, especially Phil, I can't get excited OR be optimistic aboutAANYTHING with "Mossberg" stamped on it!

Comment

I don't buy any celebrity logoed products, ...just drives the cost up.

Comment

I'm with Steve. Don't care for celebrity logos.

I really don't care much for the DD clan. They put on a good show but at the end of the day they are people and events which do not exist in real life. Just another reality show.

Comment

There is no such thing as Reality TV, save the news, but even that is seldom reality based.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad