Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Few questions regarding a 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser I recently inherited. It's in beautiful shape and is the most accurate rifle I'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few questions regarding a 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser I recently inherited. It's in beautiful shape and is the most accurate rifle I'

Few questions regarding a 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser I recently inherited. It's in beautiful shape and is the most accurate rifle I've ever fired with just iron sights. 1) Where might I find another bolt for it so I can have it turned down by a gunsmith but leave the original straight bolt intact. 2) does anyone make a drop in sporter stock for this rifle? 3) Nobody seems to make anything approaching a "hot" round for this cartridge. Any ideas (I don't reload). In any case, I have no intention of doing anything to this firearm that can't be converted back to it's original military configuration. Thanks. h2oskate

If you are looking for a hotter load check out the Hornady Superformance.

Comment

I have had two Mauser 6.5X55. the first was original military, sold that and got an import from Century Arms that had a sporter stock. Had it drilled for scope, sporter bolt handle put on, rear sight removed and safety changed to Winchester style.
      Great shooter and deer rifle. For 140gr Remington core lok you don't need anything hotter for deer/black bear hunting. Norma ammo is loaded a little hotter.
      Another bolt might need the head space re-set.
      A picture of mine before I put on a 4X12 scope is in my profile.
      Good luck with yours.

Comment

I also have a Mauser 6.5x55 that is very much altered on my profile. It shoots very well and has taken 3 Deer.

If you want to keep your rifle unaltered Brownell sells what they call a target bolt with a bent handle.

Comment

If I remember correctly this is one of Uncle Dave's favorite calibers, why not direct the question to him?

Comment

Commercial rounds are all over the place (I've found) and I put a no-mar S&K scout mount on it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad