Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just ordered a Remington 597 22lr standard barrel with iron sights from my local gun shop. what are the pros and cons of them. A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just ordered a Remington 597 22lr standard barrel with iron sights from my local gun shop. what are the pros and cons of them. A

just ordered a Remington 597 22lr standard barrel with iron sights from my local gun shop. what are the pros and cons of them. And which do you think is better ruger 10/22 or Remington 597.

Personally, I love my Ruger 10/22, but Remington makes a great gun, too. I went back and forth between the two when I bought it, but I ended up with the Ruger, thanks to a great sale price! I think you'll find more aftermarket items (stocks, mags, etc.) for the Ruger, but if you're just plinking and hunting squirrels and rabbits, that Remington is great. Hard to go wrong with a household name like Remington or Ruger!

Comment

I have both but prefer the Ruger. The second time I shot the Remington something in the trigger group broke and I had to visit the gunsmith. I kind of like the feel of the Remington stock better but it is much easier to find parts and accessories with the Ruger. I would also give the nod to the Ruger for accuracy and durability. One interesting thing about the Remington is when I couldn't find magazines for the Ruger during the most recent ammo/magazine scare Academy had plenty of high capacity mags for the Remington for about $20.

Comment

JMO~~I would think you would asked for Pros and Cons Before Ordering the Rem/597 NOT after? Both Ruger 10/22 and Rem/579 are Good, Like Half-of-Two said you can get more after markets Goody's for a Ruger 10/22 then you can for the Rem/597-22Lr.

Comment

I prefer the 597 over the Ruger 10/22.

Comment

I prefer the 597 over the Ruger 10/22.

Comment

Douzie,

Just curious as to what makes you partial to the 597?

Comment

Douzie,

Just curious as to what makes you partial to the 597?

Comment

I would be forced to go with the Remington. I
                  owned a 10/22 and it would pattern almost as
                  well as my 12 gauge. :-) I tease about this but
                  I would do well to get shots landing within 4
                  inches from a solid rest. The rifle was great mechanically but that doesn't help the accuracy.
                  I have never been so disgusted with anything. BC

Comment

Why ask.? You already bought one.

Comment

I heard that the 597 is very picky on the ammunition. I own several other 22 a Remington 550, marlin model 60, a Henry lever action, and a ruger 10/22. I have to say that the ruger is my go to gun, it is reliable and it has great accuracy. Little late for research now good luck with your Remington.

Comment

I chose the 597 over the 10/22. Went with the heavy barrel and the deal at the time couldn't be beat. Groups like a champ and has plenty of accessories to go along with it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to lightfoot lindsey graham
                          by jhjimbo
                          Jack and Mike are comming to D.C. tomorrow.
                          Obama investigation and related investigations is being quarterbacked by Barr.

Congratulations...
                          Today, 11:58 AM
                        • lightfoot lindsey graham
                          by crm3006
                          Fox’s Lou Dobbs slams Lindsey Graham, ‘betrayed the American people’

October 24, 2020

Fox Business’ Lou Dobbs had some harsh...
                          Yesterday, 08:19 AM
                        • Reply to Rest Easy
                          by jhjimbo
                          Best way to take the heat off AR type rifles is to show more pictures of AR's with game taken in various hunting articles, show more AR's in the hands...
                          Today, 11:51 AM
                        • Rest Easy
                          by jhjimbo
                          Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                          Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                        • Reply to biden corruption! This is some serious stuff.
                          by crm3006
                          "So SANTA is fake"

Oh ye of little faith, and an overload of cynicism! Santa exists, and is proven to exist, every Christmas! Santa...
                          Today, 11:32 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X