Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikhail Kalashnikov has passed away. He has a very interesting Biography I wonder how many different versions of the AK-47 are o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikhail Kalashnikov has passed away. He has a very interesting Biography I wonder how many different versions of the AK-47 are o

Mikhail Kalashnikov has passed away. He has a very interesting Biography I wonder how many different versions of the AK-47 are out there and how many countries have produced it?

No disrespect to Mr. Kalashnikov. He did make a reliable weapon that can be used by any illiterate insurgent. But he is a one trick pony that could not carry John Brownings Tool Box.

Comment

Carl - Well out, but I suppose you could put John C. Garand in the same category. R.I.P.

Comment

No idea on the exact numbers but it has to be in the 100's of millions in probably most all of the Countries of the World. Truly a weapon for all seasons.

Comment

Hobob, Russia was the first country to make the AK-47. East Germany, China, Yugoslavia (now Serbia) and Bulgaria followed with their own AK-47. I read where the Chinese AK-47 action on the ChiComs is so smooth and crisp and noticeably better than the others.

Comment

True 99 but just by the shear number of varied designs that are still in use today. It has to be Mr. Browning. For adaptability of a single weapon it has to be Mr. Stoner.
            As far as the AK-47. To paraphrase Stalin Production is it's own Quality.

Comment

May He Rust in Place.R.I.P Comrade.

Comment

There are over 32 countries lisenced to make the ak-47 and its variants, and there are many countries and areas of the world that make them the illegal way. Once he made the AK47 there was no other reason to make another if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad