Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need suggestions: Looking at a 308 bolt action, should I get the Mossberg or Savage XP? Thanks in advance for your advise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestions: Looking at a 308 bolt action, should I get the Mossberg or Savage XP? Thanks in advance for your advise.

Need suggestions: Looking at a 308 bolt action, should I get the Mossberg or Savage XP? Thanks in advance for your advise.

JMO~~ Ruger American or Savage/XP #3 Mossberg.

Comment

I'd take a sharp stick over a Mossberg!
      Savage has always been a decent firearms for the money.
      Savage! Hands down!

Comment

Ruger American Rifle hands down!!! If you are still are stuck on the two choices o Mossberg or Savage go with the Savage. I bought a Ruger American Rifle as a "knock around" gun and it is a tack driver! I recommended one to a friend and he bought one and raves about it same as me. I bought mine for $359 but recently saw one at Sportsman's Warehouse for $329. My friend and I bought them in .30-06 but they have a few more choices now.

Comment

Savage, I never had a Savage that wasn't a real shooter. They always did amaze me how they shot for the price you pay for them.

Comment

I'd rather have that sharp stick in the eye as be stuck with the Mossberg. Simmons and Tasco scopes are a match made in heaven (?) for the Mossberg's....

Comment

rlang, which one feels better to you? Go with that one. Also, for the .308, it should be a short action to get the full benefit of a more compact rifle.

Comment

I'm with everyone else, Savage

Comment

Savage for sure. It's hard to beat them.

Comment

I'd buy a Savage or the Ruger. i'd avoid the Mossberg. Marlin makes a good cheap rifle too.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad