Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just came across a Marlin Model 60, I got it in trade and have done some work to it, a refinish on the barrel and stock, and p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .30-06Hunter
    replied
    I recently topped a 10/22 with a Simmons 3X9X40 that I got for $59 it is acceptable which is about the best I can say for it. I try my best to stick with scopes in the $150-$200 range when I can.

Leave a comment:

• Alabamaguy
    replied
    Although my Marlin 60 is an excellent rifle, I chose to use a fairly inexpensive Barska 3-9x40 scope. It shoots very accurately out to 100 yds. The problem I found with mounting the scope was that even with lowest rings I could use with the 40mm scope, it was just a smidge too high to get a firm cheek weld...it was more like a jaw weld. I had to put a pad on the stock to raise my eye level. A 30 mm scope would probably be better but this was just one that I had in the closet.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    You have a nice Gun so it would not be out of place to hang a $69.00 Bushnell 3-9x40 Scope at Wal*Mart. Now if you want to spend more money Go Redfield or Leupold both in the $200.00+/- Range.

Leave a comment:

• I just came across a Marlin Model 60, I got it in trade and have done some work to it, a refinish on the barrel and stock, and p

I just came across a Marlin Model 60, I got it in trade and have done some work to it, a refinish on the barrel and stock, and polished up the feed ramp because it had a jam issue which seemed to be resolved now looking for an good scope for it, I'd like to keep it in an economical range but I understand as a hunter I get what I pay for, I'd love to hear your insights.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad