Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is taps in it's entirety.

Here is taps in it's entirety.

God Bless our Military, Past, Present and Future.

This is truly beautiful - Taps The conductor of the orchestra is Andre Rieu from Holland. The young lady, Melissa Venema, age 13, is the trumpet soloist and her rendition of TAPS makes your hair stand on end.
    Many of you may never have heard taps played in its entirety, for all of the men & women that have died for you to have the freedom you have in Canada, the US and Australia. This is an opportunity you won't want to miss and I guarantee you'll never forget. Amazingly beautiful .. .Here is Taps played in its entirety.
    The Original version of Taps was called Last Post, and was written by Daniel Butterfield in 1801. It was rather lengthy and formal, as you will hear in this clip, so in 1862 it was shortened to 24 notes and re-named Taps.
    www.flixxy.com/trumpet-solo-melissa-venema.htm

Comment

Thanks for the post, but I didn't care for that version. Too many superfluous notes thrown in. JMO.

Comment

Have never heard that version appreciate the post! Really good stuff.

Comment

99, Read my answer above. This is the original
          composition from 1801 called the 'Last Post'. The common rendition called Taps is the shortened 24 notes pulled from that composition.

Comment

Thanks, jimbo, I get the point. I was just indicating my preference for the current short version. The original composition, while very beautiful, is barely recognizable as Taps. JMO.

Comment

Beautiful! Sadly I have heard 'Taps' played too many times on too many occasions. I cannot hear it now that I don't get a lump and remember the ones who have gone before.

Comment

Thanks, but I can't listen to it anymore.

Comment

Very well done. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad