Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding Kennedy assassination, does everyone believe a shot to the back of the skull would make the head lurch backwards towar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Kennedy assassination, does everyone believe a shot to the back of the skull would make the head lurch backwards towar

Regarding Kennedy assassination, does everyone believe a shot to the back of the skull would make the head lurch backwards toward where the bullet came from? I have never seen an animal lurch toward the bullet entry point. How about you?

Single shooter. Texas School Book Depository.
    Forget the "grassy knoll".
    Lee Harvey Oswald.
    Shooter or patsy?
    That's the REAL question!

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

Yes, it is called "bounce back". When Dale Earnhardt died, he died from being hit in a car and having his head whip forward and then back, which ripped his spinal cord out of the back of his skull.
          The foot-pounds that the bullet would have had would shove the head forward, and when the neck reached the furthest point forward it would then recoil backwards just like the film shows.
          I am making no assumptions as to what actually happened, but rather answering the question about "bounce-back".
          But wasn't all the information collected supposed to be released on the 50th anniversary of his death?

Comment

To me, a shot to the back of the skull would cause the entire torso to bend at the waist and probably not return to upright.
            The difference between the 6mm entry and 6.5 exit is the expansion of the bullet from the entry impact. Also, it is unusual that it was a soft point instead of a military solid bullet.
            Dallas, I don't follow your following car AR-15 shooting explanation. What is the evidence on the body? No .223 was found.

Comment

There were nine other people either in or on the car with Secret Service Agent Hickey, and not one of them heard a shot from his AR-15.
              You will not sell any books or movies saying that the Warren Commission got it right.

Comment

The total information of Kennedy will be released in another 10+ years. Does holding back some information from release tell you there is more pertinent facts to the story than we are not being told?

Comment

My guess is that any information being withheld is pretty gross.

Comment

I have seen film footage of executions by gunfire in which the persons being executed toppled forward toward the guns.
                    I remember one scene in which the victims were kneeling in front of a mass grave with their hands tied behind their backs. They were shot from the far side of the grave and they all toppled forward into the grave.
                    Just sayin.'

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

Shoot a gopher in the head with .22 and it flips all over the place. Shoot it through the heart and it just flops over without making a move. Go figure. I have never shot a person in the head or seen one shot that way. Perhaps somebody on here who has had the misfortune to be placed in the dutiful position of having to do so could be more enlightening.

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

Dallas - Hickey sued Menninger for libel over his book espousing the accidental discharge theory, and the lawsuit resulted in a settlement.
                            The 6mm bullet hole, according to some experts, was the result of skull shrinkage.
                            The head-wound bullet seems to have been a soft point, unlike the others, but then, Oswald's revolver contained a mixture of ammo brands.
                            Go figure.
                            As for the people in the Secret Service car, two of them were administration officials, and one of them said that if a rifle had been discharged within two feet of his head, he would have heard it.

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad