Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding Kennedy assassination, does everyone believe a shot to the back of the skull would make the head lurch backwards towar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Blank Node]

Comment

I read an interview Custer gave in 1980, and he came off sounding like a nut. He said he believed in a massive cover-up and was still fearful for his life (he died of a heart attack in 2000).
      The part of his story that I believe is that Kennedy's head was a bloody mess, all shredded with the complete skull held together by the skin alone.
      You could take the scalp and pull it forward, backward or any way you wanted, as it wasn't totally attached.
      There were brain cells, brain fragments and all kinds of nasty stuff all over the place.
      He said he signed a gag order, but never mentioned being intimidated by anyone to sign it.
      He was later fired from his job at the hospital and went to work as an armored car driver in Pittsburgh.
      I suspect he was thinking there was a buck to be made from any wild story he could tell about his experience.

Comment

I might add that the burden of proof rests with the party asserting the affirmative of a proposition.

Comment

"...havn't (sic) debunked anything..."

You haven't proved anything. All you've done is offer more conjecture.
          JFK is dead.
          Officer Tippet is dead.
          LHO is dead.
          Jack Ruby is dead.
          All the "main" players are gone and the event was over 50 years ago.
          Kinda like Hillary and Benghazi!
          "What difference does it make now?"

Fugidaboudit!

Comment

Whut FirstBubba said.

Ah wooden take a stand on this for fear of being attacked by paranoidz.

Comment

I've shot numerous animals in the head. Some with the 6.5mm Carcano as used by Oswald but most with .243, .223, 25-06, 35 Rem and .270. My observation has been that the head/animal can go any direction, especially with the higher velocity bullets. The force of major bones exploding all directions creates significant momentum. Much more so than bullets passing through soft tissue.

Regarding the forensics on the Kennedy assassination, I've never known who to believe but have seen several factual presentations that contradict each other.

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

I was asked for my bottom line, here it is. Assassination is nothing new. Kennedy, Ford, Nixon, Regan, John Lennon, along with a host of others have all been subject to successful and not successful attempts. What they all had in common was the perpetrators were unknown malcontents that tried to glean some notoriety by killing someone important.
                  The only thing that separated Kennedy was Oswald was killed and a bunch of guy's got rich writing books and making movies. Jackie Kennedy also started the ball rolling with the Camalot theme. Thus spinning a not so perfic marrage and president.

Comment

Dallas our entire system Jurist Prudence is based on the Proof of Guilt never the Proof of Innocence. In simple words you have to prove it happened, not prove it didn't.

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

Yes you are right about one thing. This is not a court of law. In a court of law you have to deal with evidence. Theory, conjecture, hear say and embellishment are not admissible. This assassination has been gone over more times in mock trials and documentaries than I can count. In all those years. No one was charged with any additional crime or even indited.
                        So we fall into the realm of Theories, Opinions and you know were I'm going. It makes for good discussion but that's about it. Good Hollywood Fodder.
                        I do not believe you lived through the life and times of the actual assassination. But I would like to add my read. JFK was not the saint that he was elevated to in recent times. The Kennedy's were cash rich. But did not have the status of Vanderbilt, Carnegie or Rockefeller. That is why the marriage to Jacqueline Bouvier, no money but lineage. Being Catholic this was needed for a road to the White House. JFK was also named after Honey Fitzgerald an infamous Boston Fixer.
                        If you like theory Joe Kennedy became the sole distributer Seagram's and Dewars White Label one day after prohibition was repealed. He was also linked to Gloria Swanson. The Marlyn Monroe of her time. It was also common knowledge that LBJ hated the Kennedy's; they thought his country ways made him a bumpkin and purposely had RFK give him the oath of office.
                        If you couple this with all the Kennedy's tragedies and crimes in recent times and the following years. The need for privacy and Spin Control is rife for conspiracy.

Comment

Like I said. There are guy's on this site that could have easily made the shot. But America at large at that time could not believe it could be attacked by a former Marine with a $19.00 WWII rifle. Couple that with Jackie Kennedy's spin on Camelot, her use of the Catafalque [table] that carried Lincoln's Coffin in state. Even as far as her telling John John to salute his father in the passing funeral. That photo has become part of America's conscience. JMHO but that is what started the ball of disbelief rolling.

Comment

They are all long gone and many say good riddance. Kennedy's are/were a corrupt bunch of liberals and their traditions live on....

Comment

No family, the likes of the Kennedies, Bushes or Clintons should muster that much political power.

Comment

One observer said that for someone having the stature of Oswald to take down someone with the stature of Kennedy offends our sense of proportion.
                                That is what made it so hard to believe that Oswald acted alone.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad