Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding Kennedy assassination, does everyone believe a shot to the back of the skull would make the head lurch backwards towar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Blank]

Comment

The way I understand it the duration of the 3 shots fired by Oswald was taken from the reaction of the Sigrid's film and the sound recording of a policeman's open mike.

Long story short if Oswald's first shot was a miss he would have almost 9 seconds to fire.

More over I believe it is Americas problem believing a malcontent could change history with a $19.00 rifle and a $3.00 scope.

Sometimes if you hear hoof beats behind you think Horses not Zebras.

Comment

That's Zapruders film

Comment

News film of executions kneeling by an open grave shot in the head from behind show the head blown forward and the body falling forward into the grave. Never say a head snaps back when shot from behind.
          Where is the.223 bullet hole it the AR fired??
          Who had a 6mm gun?? Would a .223 bullet make a .243 size hole?
          So, Dallas, 99, Carl what is your bottom line thinking??

Comment

Anybody who can look at an entry wound and differentiate between 6mm and 6.5mm?
            I won't say "impossible", but I will stipulate "highly improbable"!
            The elasticity of the skin precludes measurement.

Comment

Anybody who can look at an entry wound and differentiate between 6mm and 6.5mm?
              I won't say "impossible", but I will stipulate "highly improbable"!
              The elasticity of the skin precludes measurement.

Comment

I don't know who shot JFK, but I've seen a show about the AR-15 theory and it seems probable. Anyway, about mixed bullets, I find it to be more probable that L.H.O would carry mixed ammo for his revolver than for his rifle. The reason being is that the rifle was surplus rifle, therefore I'd guess his ammo would also be surplus FMJ, because I doubt there were many companies back then manufacturing 6.5 Carcano ammo. While his revolver (a non-surplus S&W Model 10 in .38 special) could of been firing differant types of ammo because there were many types on the market.

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

M.A.T - On the accidental discharge theory, one analyst called it the least probable accident in history. Consider this: an aimed shot from a steady rest is a miss, while at that exact instant, an accidental discharge from a moving vehicle hits the exact same small target that the sharpshooter was aiming at.
                    The odds against Hickey having an accidental discharge are not that great, but for his bullet to have found Kennedy's head, the odds are astronomical. Add to that the fact that Oswald was aiming at Kennedy's head at that exact moment and you have an event approaching impossibility.

Comment

Dallas - Your scenario has Kennedy siting like a statue staring straight ahead.
                      There are numerous photos showing him turning and twisting his head at various angles, including one in which his head is facing downward and to the left.

Comment

As for measuring bullet holes, consider what a bullet hole looks like on paper. A full wadcutter bullet makes a neat round hole, but a spitzer-type bullet makes a ragged tear.
                        Try measuring the entry hole on the next deer you shoot.

Comment

An ice bullet fired out of an umbrella is more probable? I'm not saying Hickey killed JFK I'm just saying Dallas' idea could be valid. And every theory has problems. Even the Warren Commision's theory.

Comment

Comparing a standing deer to a sitting human is a moot point, a deer's body goes wherever it's head goes and it doesn't come back. A human's body keeps control over it's action for a short time after they are dead and have been known to remain standing after an immediate kill shot to the head for a period of time. Enough time to have the head recoil back.

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

I am receptive to new theories based on NEW FACTS, not the same old fifty-year old information that has been re-hashed to death.
                                Let someone come forward and say that he was the second shooter, unknown to Oswald or anyone else, with physical proof of his complicity, and I'll become a believer.
                                Back to the Hickey accidental discharge theory, there is an old saying that three people can keep a secret, it two of them are DEAD!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad