Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking at new scopes for a rifle .270. I want something that is better than what comes with the rifle a 3x9x40. It is not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking at new scopes for a rifle .270. I want something that is better than what comes with the rifle a 3x9x40. It is not

I am looking at new scopes for a rifle .270. I want something that is better than what comes with the rifle a 3x9x40. It is not that expensive but reasonable? Any suggestions.

Leupold VX-2. Very bright clear and light weight.

Comment

Ditto MAt

Comment

Nathez Shooting Supplies is closing out their remaining supply of Nikon Buckmasters at a really good price. I have 7 of them and have had for a lot of years and have had no problems with them at all. I use mostly 3X9X50 on my rifles. I like the 50's to gather light in the early morning, late evening and the dark woods.

Comment

M.A.T & jimbo - Yup!
          Can't beat Leupold!

Comment

I agree with the Luepold recommendation. I have one that is 35 y.o. and is a great piece of glass. I also am pleased with a recent Burris Fullfield II I purchased for about $100 less than the comparable Luepold. It is not a Luepold, but it's a great budget scope in my opinion.

Comment

The Leupold VX2 at #300 is a great deer scope. The VX3 at $550 is about as good as it gets for deer hunting. If you are more budget conscious, the Vortex Diamondback coming in at $175-$200 has better clarity and field of view than the VX2 with a BDC reticle and perhaps an even better warranty. The Vortex Viper for around $300 is more comparable to the VX3. If you are shopping about the $200-$300 range, I'd go with the Vortex scopes as the best value. The VX2 will always be good too.

Comment

Natchez Supply and Midway both have Nikon's on sale.

Comment

I thought I was going to be at the deer camp all week but I had to come off to the house tonight because of an abcess tooth and be at my dentist at 8 o'clock in the morning to have it pulled. As soon as it is pulled back to the mountain I go. I stayed in my blind till dark this evening and when you couldn't see the deer with your naked eye anymore I had my 300WSM with a Nikon Buckmaster 3X9X50 out the window and the deer looked like they were standing in the daylight. It wouldn't have been any problem to have shot one. There was still enough light coming through the trees that the scope picked up to have made the shot. That is why I use a 50MM scope because it really picks up light in the dense timber at dawn and dusk. Of course I probably couldn't have hit anything because I was using a Nikon and not a Leupold.

Comment

I recently bought a Redfield 6-18 and put it on my .270. I love it! and got the rebate too!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad