Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here have a .325 WSM? If so, what's the recoil like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here have a .325 WSM? If so, what's the recoil like?

Anyone here have a .325 WSM? If so, what's the recoil like?

According to Chuck Hawk's Recoil Table, about the same as a .338 Win Mag. No thanks to one in a light rifle.

Comment

I have the .325 WSM in a light BLR stainless /camo. The recoil with the 180 grn bullets is quite modest. The 200 grn is a little more but fine by be. I have never heard of a recoil problem while shooting game. Most recoil problems at the bench are caused poor technique. I always load near max. A 3" mag 12 gauge seems to be more. Rifle weight has a big influence.

Comment

Far as I'm concerned, the word "magnum" is way over rated whether it be rifles OR shotguns.

Comment

I have one in a Kimber Montana, a very light rifle. It certainly doesn't feel as bad as a .338, but you know its there. I would say it is similar to a .300 Win. Mag. I don't know if it is the round, or my particular rifle design, but the rifle tends to jump quite a bit if not held tight, while not that painful on the shoulder.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad