Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remington model 700 VS. Winchester model 70?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington model 700 VS. Winchester model 70?

Remington model 700 VS. Winchester model 70?

Did not the Remington 700 beat the Winchester 70 in the F&S greatest gun contest?
    I like the Remington ad that says with over 5 million model 700 Remington's sold, China does not have the largest army in the world.

Comment

I thought we just did this---along with every other red vs. green, wet vs. dry, light vs. dark and Godzilla vs. the Zombies question conceivable.

Comment

For hunting: "The Rifleman's Rifle" all the way
        For target shooting: The old 700 because it has a smidgen more accuracy, and as D.E.P said it's all about smidgens.

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

If a ford and a chevy are driven off a cliff which aces a bigger explosion?????

Comment

(aces) makes*

Comment

The question has been asked several times before. Both are good guns and as others have said it is a Ford vs. Chevy debate. Get the one you like the best. Saying that I own four Model 70's.

Comment

This question resurfaces from time to time. I own examples of both models and both perform gratifyingly well. Among the sporterweights and featherweights, I seem to reach for the Winchester Model 70s. Among my varminters, I seem to reach for the Rem Model 700s. I didn't plan it that way, but I accumulated them and the choices developed that way.

Comment

I own both and enjoy them equally. The Model 70 is a Featherweight and a bit more enjoyable to carry when stalking, but the Remington is the more accurate of the two.

Comment

can't I like them both? I think both are fine rifles. I do prefer the 3 pos. saftey and the extractor of the model 70. One negative for Rem. is they no longer offer the 700 BDL in .308. And it is the exact reason why I chose the Model 70 featherweight over the 700. I'm not regretting that decision either because the model 70 really is shooting great and it looks gorgeous. But overall I think both rifles are really good hunting tools and will serve you well for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                        Did not the Remington 700 beat the Winchester 70 in the F&S greatest gun contest?
                        I like the Remington ad that says with over 5 million model 700 Remington's sold, China does not have the largest army in the world.
                        use to own a Remington 700 in 270 and one in 7mm mag.The 700 has a defective safety that makes some go off and fire unexpectedly when moving safety from safe to fire.almost shot a friend.got rid of it that next week to a gunsmith.I then bought a Winchester model 70 in 7mm mag and couldn't be happier.It out shoots the Remington as well.

Comment

I bought a used Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in 30-06 in 1966 and used it on white tail deer in the East Texas woods and out in the SW Texas brush country for many years with great success. About 1995, I had problems with the trigger and safety and had to take it to a gunsmith for repairs. I had inherited my father's 1962 Remington 700 ADL in 30-06, so I put the Leupold 3x9 Vari X from the Winchester on it and took the 150 grain hand loads that I had been using with the Winchester out to the rifle range and the Remington 700 would do everything that the Winchester would do and never miss a step. Also had good success on White Tail Deer with the Remington ADL. As far as I am concerned, both of them are excellent rifles .
                          AC Johnson, Cypress, Tx

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                            by franchi20
                            I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors to the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of...
                            Today, 07:40 PM
                          • Debate #2: new rules
                            by FirstBubba
                            New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                            The "Biden Campaign"!...
                            10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                          • Reply to What's after Trump?
                            by franchi20
                            Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
                            Today, 07:34 PM
                          • What's after Trump?
                            by FirstBubba
                            No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                            There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                            Today, 01:46 PM
                          • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                            by fitch270
                            The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                            Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X