Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I work at Los Angeles International Airport and we are on lock down due to an active shooter situation. I'll post as events unf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safado
    replied
    Thanks for the concern. Where I work we were never in danger. We were on lockdown just to be caustious while there were confirming that he acted alone. As you all know by now he was attempting to commit suicide by cop and failed at that. I see a lot of the LEOs every day as we go through check points and security checks. They were sure heroic on Friday. Just never thought I would be close to one of these things.

Leave a comment:

• DSMbirddog
    replied
    I'm glad you are okay, Safado and that the loss of life wasn't greater. There were some brave folks in Terminal 3 that went after this guy. Heroes, all of them.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    And last but not least the weapon of choice was an AR-15. I am sure this will start a another round of BS. All the political pundits will be out lobbying to ban this tool of perdition.

I can totally agree. This will make us all safe. Coming from the "Generation of Duck and Cover". I know for a fact that a 3/4 inch Oak Elementary School Desk was the best place to be in case of Nuclear Attack. Beside it's so much cheaper than locking up a criminal or identifying the mentally ill.

I apologizes for sarcasm but I'm getting too old for the next wave of stupid [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Safado, I glad you’re safe.

It is amazing to see this happen in California, the home of the most aggressive anti gun politicians Diane Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Walters.

Ladies, now do you understand that gun bans don't work on outlaws and criminals?

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Correction: The shooter is still alive. Early reports of his death were incorrect, although he took three gunshot wounds to the chest.
    He was taken to the hospital for treatment.
    His condition has not been disclosed, but multiple gunshot wounds to the chest are associated with negative health outcomes.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    The suspect is dead, having shot his way past the airport security screeners at Terminal 3, killing one TSA employee.
    The shooter's weapon was photographed on the floor near Gate 36. Photos have not been released.
    Apparently, if you try to get past airport security with a weapon in your luggage, you have a BIG problem.
    If you try to get past airport security with a weapon in your hand, THEY have a big problem.

Leave a comment:

• Safado
    replied
    You guys may have better facts than me but there were seven shooting victims six have been hospitalized leading to the obvious conclusion that there is one fatality. The lone shooter is in custody but they led someone off in handcuffs that may or may not be an accomplice. I'm not sure if all of the victims were TSA employees. There is an unconfirmed rumor that a TSA employee was killed.

Leave a comment:

• mspl8sdcntryboy
    replied
    We had a similar scare at Atlanta international a while back, there was an explosion in one of the maintenance terminals. I have a friend who is a mechanic there so I was worried for his safety. It's never real until it happens in your backyard.
    My prayers are with you, your friends and co-workers Safado.

Leave a comment:

• Safado
    replied
    Happy,
    I'm in an office building between LAX and the ocean so we are less than a mile from the airfiled. My office looks out over the airfield. If there were no traffic I could be at terminal three in about 5 or 6 minutes. One of my guys works right next to terminal 3 he says it is a zoo.

Leave a comment:

• AAM
    replied
    Drudge is saying that one TSA agent has been killed.

Leave a comment:

• AAM
    replied
    Safado
    Fox news is saying the suspect is wounded and in custody with three people injured.

Leave a comment:

• Safado
    replied
    I never thought I would ever be near one of these things. There is so much misinformation it is scary!

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    Safado,
    I turned on the news as soon as I read your comment regarding LAX. It appears to be a real mess. Where are you located re terminals involved?

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    Safado,
    I turned on the news as soon as I read your comment regarding LAX. It appears to be a real mess. Where are you located re terminals involved?

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Early reports indicate that the shooter is in custody, and that he had gotten a weapon into the secure area. Is anyone surprised?
    I can imagine all the new security measures to come!OMG!

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad