Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went out rifle shopping today and took a look at a few new rifles, The Ruger American, Remington 783, The Savage Axis, And the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went out rifle shopping today and took a look at a few new rifles, The Ruger American, Remington 783, The Savage Axis, And the

I went out rifle shopping today and took a look at a few new rifles, The Ruger American, Remington 783, The Savage Axis, And the Savage 111 Trophy Hunter all in 30-06. I can tell you from just what you can tell at a store I liked (from least to greatest) the Savage Axis, Remington 783, Ruger American And Savage 111 Trophy Hunter. I decided I'm most likely going to purchase the Savage 111 it has the accutrigger a jeweled bolt that operated smooth as butter and came mounted with a Nikon 3x9x40 BDC scope. But the question here is has anyone shot one how do they shoot?

Of the ones you mentioned I would go with the Savage 111 Trophy Hunter with the Nikon scope. I had an older Model 11 and it shot great and I'm sure the newer 111's are even better with the accutrigger.

Comment

I just recently bought a Savage 111 Trophy Hunter XP, and it's very accurate. I've only been able to shoot one test group for accuracy and the group was 3/4 in. at 100 yds. And that's with $25 a box Federal Fusion.

Comment

The Savage Mod/111T/H with a Nikon is the best pick of the litter.
        I had an old Savage Mod/10-in 270...MOA all day long.

Comment

Mine shoots great and holds a great group. it has been out five times and has brought back five deer, so she is 100% and running. Its a shame mine didn't come with a Nikon, i still bought it but the nikon would have made it a shorter shopping trip.

Comment

I shoot and hunt with a Savage 110 in .270 Win and have been very pleased with the accuracy and more so with the reliability. With the scope, can't beat it.

Comment

Don't have the Trophy hunter but have three Savages. All are shooters. Nikon is a good scope. Trophy Hunter all the way!

Comment

I have the Ruger American in .30-06 with a Redfield 3x9x40 scope on it. I bought the gun new for $359.00 to have a gun I wouldn't mind getting scratched up. I was completely shocked when the gun out shot all other guns I have that cost much more. I had a Savage 116FCHS in .300 Win Mag which I sold after being disappointed with the accuracy. I have eardrums others rave about Savage so maybe I got a lemon. Give the Ruger a close look. A plus is it comes with a free cheek piece/shell holder for the stock when you fill out an online form.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad