Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On average, how accurate are the current Winchester Model 70s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On average, how accurate are the current Winchester Model 70s?

On average, how accurate are the current Winchester Model 70s?

Can't say about the Winchesters, but with the Remington 783 shooting an advertised 3/4" five shot group, why spend the money. I doubt Winchester can top the Remington claim.

Comment

I picked the Model 70 over a cheaper, just as accurate rifle because I was looking for something with controlled feed, good fit and finish, tough, and bit more accurate than a ruger M77.

Comment

The New Winchester Model 70 Advertised MOA+ its your choose!

Comment

I've got a new model M70 Featherweight in .270 Win. It shoots 130gr Remington Premier Accutip sub MOA from the bench with bags. It shoots 130gr CoreLokt or Federal Blue Box about 2MOA from the same setup. My groups off hand or from other field positions are another story, but it's not the fault of the gun.

It's more than accurate enough for my needs, more accurate than I am. Like M.A.T, I enjoy the quality fit and finish, deep blue of the metalwork, and controlled feed action. It's being bumped to backup rifle from here out for sentimental reasons though. I'm using my Dad's old Ruger M77 .30-06 from here on out. It was recently handed down.

~Laker

Comment

The newest model 70 I own was made somewhere around '94 or '95. So I can not speak for the "newer" models. I have four in my collection and they are all very accurate. All four really like Federal Premium BTSP ammo. I shoot 130 grains in the .270's and 165 grains in the 30/6. I love the fit and finish as well as the preformance of the Model 70. Have one pre-64. The other three are just as accurate as the pre-64.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad