Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any experience with Federal Fusion hunting ammo? I just got back from the range, where I discovered it shoots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any experience with Federal Fusion hunting ammo? I just got back from the range, where I discovered it shoots

Does anyone have any experience with Federal Fusion hunting ammo? I just got back from the range, where I discovered it shoots groups about a third the size of the Hornady Custom I had been shooting, which costs twice as much. Anyone know how it performs on game? (Savage 111 in 7mm Rem Mag)

When I shot it at the range it was extremely accurate. To be exact I got a 3/4 MOA group and two shots went through on hole, and it was a ragged hole, even after the second shot went through the hole it still looked like a pretty clean hole.

Comment

I haven't shot a deer with yet, so I was going to post a link to cabelas.com with 217 reviews of Federal Fusion but the website says I can't post it because it contains obscene words. So, anyway just go to cabelas.com click on "Shooting" then click on "Ammunition" then click on "Rifle Ammunition" and scroll down until you see the Federal Fusion click on that then there should be the stars then click read reviews and there you go. And BTW the rifle I shot was a Savage 111 Trophy Hunter XP ,that I bought new recently, in .30-06 with 150gr Fusion and the scope was a Nikon Prostaff.

Comment

The most accurate factory ammunition in my rifles are Remington CoreLok and Winchester Supreme.

Comment

Between me and my wife we have killed about 8 deer and 2 moose with fusion amo using the 150 and 130 grain bullets in .270 Win and 140 grain bullets in 6.5x55. Very good on game performance, in the lighter weights they are a good deer bullet, in the heavyer weights they have enough penetration to take larger game, cant beat the price.

Comment

I usually use this ammo during hunting and love it. I have a Remington 700 chambered in 30.06 and it has some major knock down power.

Comment

On paper it looks good, I've been shooting it out of my Ruger American, 165gr. 30-06 and the groups are pretty tight. Shoots tighter groups than the Rem. Core-Lokts I shoot, but similar enough to shoot the Core-lokts more at the range.

Comment

I have used Federal Fusion in a 130 gr, .270 for about 5 years. I am extremely pleased with the performance in the field and at the range. For deer hunting in SC, it has effective knock-down power. I have fired this ammo in a Savage 110 and a Kimber 8400 Classic. Great results with both rifles. I will continue to shoot Fusion ammo.

Comment

I have used Federal Fusion in a 130 gr, .270 for about 5 years. I am extremely pleased with the performance in the field and at the range. For deer hunting in SC, it has effective knock-down power. I have fired this ammo in a Savage 110 and a Kimber 8400 Classic. Great results with both rifles. I will continue to shoot Fusion ammo.

Comment

I am very impressed with the Fusion bullets. I use 150 grain in my 270 win. I have shot 2 deer so far. 1 st at 39 yards only ran 15 yards and dropped dead. 2 nd deer at 78 yards dropped dead where I shot him. Both were shot in the kill zone. I would recommend Fusion to anyone.

Comment

150 gr Fusion in 270 WSM. inside a quarter at 100 yds using a sleeping bag as a rest with 6.2 lb Kimber rifle. Taken 4 deer and a moose in last 2 years. bullets expand enough on a clean lung shot on whitetail at 200 yhs to have them drop after 80 ft. run. Controlled expansion on shoulder shots with minor blood shot damage. Love the gun, love the cartridge.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have used the 150 gr. in 30-06 for years.
                        On 11/26/16 I shot a 180 lb. buck at approx. 90 yds. And dropped him in his tracks. I would recommend this ammo to anyone.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad