Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry, let me clarify my question. Does Wicnchester sxz9mm have a lead bullet? And if so is it safe to shoot out of my lc9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry, let me clarify my question. Does Wicnchester sxz9mm have a lead bullet? And if so is it safe to shoot out of my lc9?

I'm sorry, let me clarify my question. Does Wicnchester sxz9mm have a lead bullet? And if so is it safe to shoot out of my lc9? Thanks

Negative on the first question and affirmative on the second.
    The bullets are jacketed hollow-points,coated with Lubalox, a black oxide finish that looks like lead but is cleaner burning. It was originally used in the Black Talon ammo that caused such a fuss many years ago.
    It is available as personal protection ammo at about $25 per box of fifty, and as training ammo (without the hollow point) at about $16 per box.

Comment

I should add that it is not high-velocity ammo that would be rated as +P, with higher-than-standard pressures, so it should be perfectly safe to shoot out of small handguns.

Comment

Winchester SXZ is just handgun ammo that comes with Winchester's signature Lubalox coating. They come in personal protection, which is JHP, and in training ammo, which is FMJ.

Comment

It is definitely a lead bullet (not legal to carry while hunting in CA condor zone, or rest of state after 2019). And should be fine in your LC9.

Comment

Although it has a lead core totally encased in a gilding metal jacket, it is not a lead bullet in the context of a discussion concerning the merits of lead vs jacketed bullets.
            It is probably legal to carry anywhere in California, but prohibited for the taking of wildlife.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad