Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

: After read the latest issue and seeing the article on cartridges I went to the gun cabinet to check on a rifle that was my gra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My name is Doug. I just found this thread doing some internet serching. I have the same gun, no serial numbers and only difference is 245 gr on side of barrel instead of 235. I have quite a bit of ammo that I found years...and i mean years ago from that sorce over sees. I also have a few boxes of orginal ammo which says (in what english is on it) M88/9mm patter B...My great great uncle had a 7mm, 8mm, and 9mm all from the same but when he died the 7 and 8 when to long time friends and the 9 got passed on to my grandpa, then my dad. I have shot this monster a few times...and it don't kick to bad at all..at least for a 245 gr bullet..and I too was always told that it was an "elephant gun"..and I suppose for the time it was cus we also have 300 savages and 303 savages and also have original books and advertisements with them which has pictures of the 303 being used for lots of game in africa including elephant..so if that could do it I could definatly see how this could.

Comment

Also the Kynock (one box I have) only says 9mm on it...not 9X57. I will look at the bullet and see what it says on it. Also I see above where there is a referance to some pictures..I am not seeing them so what am I doing wrong. Would like to see a gun to compair too. Mine has the hair trigger. and also the rear peep sight. And I would assume the star pattern you are refering to is the engraved stars on the hardware on the side??. I realise I am 2 years past this posting but would love to hear from snuffy if you are still out there.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad