Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion, what was the best new big game rifle this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your opinion, what was the best new big game rifle this year?

In your opinion, what was the best new big game rifle this year?

If by best you mean accuracy, the Remington 783 advertises a five shot group of .725" and list price is around $450.00.

Comment

If your asking best seller...RUGER American MSRP $ 449.00...Real World price $399.00+/-

Comment

I already got a Remington 783, but I haven't heard about the Ruger American

Comment

Ruger has now come out with a .22 version of the American. Both in .22lr and 22 mag one with a 18.5 in barrel and a 22 inch Price is around 289.00 or so

Comment

It is quite pricy but the Sauer 101 looks like one of the nicest rifles that I have seen come out in a long time.

Comment

Looks like we're talking mass-produced rifles. I'd say the Sauer 101. Guaranteed sub-moa with factory ammo with a hot barrel, and tests by a couple gun mags proved it. This was using several off-the-shelf regular ammo, not some special recipe with premium bullets. Amazing, really. And a good-looking rife too, which seems to be in short supply in these days of ugly plastic pieces.

Comment

I think the Remington 783 looks really good. I haven't shot it yet but it is very comfortable to hold and is suppose to be VERY accurate.

Comment

I took a close look at the Ruger Scout in .308 Win., and I'm favorably impressed. I look forward an opportunity to fire and handload for it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad