Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another question. Are the savage hunting rifles good? Any quirks, or malfunctions that are common? What other rifles are they co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question. Are the savage hunting rifles good? Any quirks, or malfunctions that are common? What other rifles are they co

Another question. Are the savage hunting rifles good? Any quirks, or malfunctions that are common? What other rifles are they comparable to? Are they accurate?

[Blank]

Comment

The ones they're making now are good.

Bought mine (.30-06) in the '80s and it wuzn't accurate at all.

Comment

I have an older Savage 24V and I am happy with it. The upper Barrel always seem reasonably accurate to me.

Comment

i actually just sighted my new savage axis 223 in today. i bought it because i was on a budget. it is what it is. obv not comparable to a top end rifle but i think it does the job well for me. no complaints so far.

Comment

I have an axis and I like it. the action is very smooth and it is quite accurate.

Comment

SAVAGE Rifles are one of the most Accurate out-of the Box Rifles around for the Money.There are Others but not in the same Price Range.

Comment

You won't be disappointed.

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

Dallas - Will do. There is a good chance that it will change several more times, and that there will be many more questions before I actually have the rifle in my hands. I want to make sure I have something good. Believe it or not I am thinking about a couple different other calibers that I haven't even mentioned on here yet that would probably suit my needs just as well.

Comment

I haven't shot one myself, but I know people who say they are pretty accurate.

Comment

I have several Savage rifles and I am pleased with all of them. My most recent purchase was a 17hmr with the accu trigger. The gun is great, very accurate.

Comment

I own the Savage 11BTH 30-06 HF THS, and the Savage A17 (standard stock), and both are tack drivers. The quality seems top shelf. I own a few high end rifles, but minus the fluff and "WOW" factors of fancy grade stocks, I believe these are the biggest bang for the buck. My Savage 110 .375 Ruger Bear Hunter feels every bit as good as my Weatherby MarkV .340WM. Hard to believe? Fire them both side by side. The Weatherby is an outstanding rifle, but I will not tear up that gorgeous stock in the fields of Alaska, or the mountains of Montana.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad