Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, I am looking for a new airgun. I was wondering if anyone on this site could recommend one of these guns. Rws 54 or a 460 in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I am looking for a new airgun. I was wondering if anyone on this site could recommend one of these guns. Rws 54 or a 460 in

Hi, I am looking for a new airgun. I was wondering if anyone on this site could recommend one of these guns. Rws 54 or a 460 in .22, a Benjamin discovery .22, or a gamo hunter extreme. Thanks

my first new gun as a kid was a RWS model 27. I always cleaned it with wd-40, didn't know any better. The wd-40 disintegrated the seals. the gun was shipped back to RWS and fixed for no charge. This was back in the early eighties so things may have changed but at the time, customer service was top notch.

Comment

I would recommend either a Benjamin trail NP .22 or a Gamo big cat .22.

I have hunted with both and they don't disappoint

Comment

I have the Remington .22 and like it. It chronographs right at 1,000fps with premium ammo.

Comment

RWS has been making the best air rifles for a very long time. They are without a doubt the most accurate and the as stated before their customer service is second to none. I have owned an RWS 34 for over 20 years and sent it back to be rebuilt twice when it began to lose power and they made it better than new both times... no charge.

Comment

I just bought the RWS 350 Magnum in .22. It is a dream. If you can afford $350 get one of those. I would recommend the .22 caliber air rifles if you plan on shooting game. They drop squirrels in their tracks. Much better than the .177's. Use heavier pellets with these 1,000 fps air guns. They are more accurate if you can slow them down to 750 fps. I use JSB 18.1 grain pellets and they are extremely accurate. Best pellets on the market. RWS will repair your rifle free of charge. My model 34 has been rebuilt to as new three times for free! I bought it in 1992 and it is as good as the day I got it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad