Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me if it is safe to carry smith and wsson 6906 and 5906 with a round in the chamber, with decock or without the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me if it is safe to carry smith and wsson 6906 and 5906 with a round in the chamber, with decock or without the

Can anyone tell me if it is safe to carry smith and wsson 6906 and 5906 with a round in the chamber, with decock or without the decockthansDavid

My dad is a police officer and carried a 5906 S&W for quite awhile before going to a glock. He always carried one in the hole and never had any problems with it decocked. I have seen other guns go off when using the decocker but never that gun.

Comment

Police officers always carry one in the pipe becasue when it gets bad you don't have time to do the Miami Vice Rack and Roll move. As far as carrying one in the pipe most semis were safe to do that it was mainly the single action Colts and Rugers that had problems with one under the hammer.

Comment

I have a 5906 and love it. I would say never have one in the chamber unless you expect trouble,or you must have strick discipline and never forget about it, either always have a chamber loaded or never have a round in as a carry rule,if you stick with one way its safer way to be.If you have to draw for defence its easily chambered in the same motion. I never use the decock anyway,it has a hammer to lower slowly.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad