Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i looking to get a howa hogue 223 rifle what do you think of them GOOD or BAD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icarus
    replied
    Thank you, Mr. Palumbo. I enjoy reading what folks have to say and it looks like there are some very experienced shooters here.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    Jay, the Howa is just a little heavier than the typical rifle but you would have to weigh it to tell for sure as the weight is nominal. I like the weight though... it holds solid on off hand shots, swings more solid on running game and soaks up a little recoil. To me the only advantage of a light rifle is that it is lighter. I have a nice Weatherby Ultra-Light that is WONDERFUL to carry. That will be one of the rifles in the safe on this elk hunt. I can easily carry a couple more pounds and if I can't, I'll wear lighter boots. My Howa has won its way into the hunt by being extremely accurate, easy to carry and highly reliable.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    I looked at the specs and if the weight of the rifle is a concern you need to investigate. Howa's are heavier than many other rifles.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    Good! I own a Howa 30-06. Very good rifle for relatively low cost = good value. Mine works and shoots better than most other rifles I have including those over $1000. It's going elk hunting this year and other much more expensive rifles are staying in the safe because of this.

Leave a comment:

• Ol Krusty
    replied
    Good. I own a Weatherby Vanguard in a 223 that is a real shooter. Howa makes the Vanguard for Weatherby, so its basically the same.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    Howa rifles are a good value.

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    Icarus, welcome aboard! I think you'll enjoy this forum.

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    I own a Howa 1500 in .223 with a green Hogue stock (photo in my profile). It's equipped with a Bushnell 10X Mil-Dot scope, and it very consistently groups under minute-of-angle at 100 yards with my handloads. It has already proven itself in the field on varmints. In my opinion, I've gotten a great rifle for the money and it groups more accurately than rifles in my battery that cost much more. I'm very pleased with it!

Leave a comment:

• Icarus
    replied
    My friend is very happy with his Howa in 223, and it is accurate.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    The Howa hogue is TOPS...GOOD!Well Worth the Money

Leave a comment:

• i looking to get a howa hogue 223 rifle what do you think of them GOOD or BAD.

i looking to get a howa hogue 223 rifle what do you think of them GOOD or BAD.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad