Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think is the most over rated gun brand on the market today? What about the most under rated? My answer for the first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think is the most over rated gun brand on the market today? What about the most under rated? My answer for the first

What do you think is the most over rated gun brand on the market today? What about the most under rated? My answer for the first question would be tough. The answer for the 2nd question is Mossberg.

Most overrated? Easy! Mossberg.
    Underrated? NEF Handi-Rifle.
    Inexpensive. Accurate. Simple.
    Remember, you asked.

Comment

Overated: Mosberg

Underrated: T/C Contender/Encore

Comment

I think you have to look at the available guns and rate them by price point. There are some really expensive ones that may not live up to their price point in terms of performance, i.e., function and accuracy.
        As FirstBubba said the single shot NEF for it's price point may outperform other more expensive single shot guns.
        Over rated in my mind might be some of the European high priced shotguns.
        Under rated, any firearm, made in America,by Americans, that competes well with the imports.

Comment

I think you have to look at the available guns and rate them by price point. There are some really expensive ones that may not live up to their price point in terms of performance, i.e., function and accuracy.
          As FirstBubba said the single shot NEF for it's price point may outperform other more expensive single shot guns.
          Over rated in my mind might be some of the European high priced shotguns.
          Under rated, any firearm, made in America,by Americans, that competes well with the imports.

Comment

FirstBubba
            What makes you think that Mossberg is the most overrated? But I do agree with your second choice.

Comment

Mossberg back in the day made tons of guns for various retailers.
              Revelation and Ted Williams to name two. The receivers were "pot" metal. The stocks appeared to be made from #2 yellow pine 2x4's and all cheaply finished. Interior parts were stamped.
              The Mossbergs that I've seen of today don't seem to be much better.
              Yeah, I know. The Rem 870 is pretty much all stamped out, but at least the receiver is REAL metal!
              Don't get me wrong, if you shoot a Mossberg (WAM called 'em "Mossturd"!) and you're happy with it, by all means don't toss it on my account.
              Also remember, I have a terminal case of OFS and I cut my shotgunning teeth on an L.C. Smith, a M12 Win and an A.H. Fox.
              They weren't a Rolls by any means, but it's tough to accept a Ford Falcon when you've already driven a Caddy.

Comment

Don't worry I wasn't get rid of a perfectly good Mossberg based on your opinion.

Comment

Most overrated- Any firearm with T/C on it.
                  Most underrated - Tikka

Comment

Overrated - Remington
                    Underated - Tikka or Weatherby vanguard

Comment

Over rated: GLOCK
                      Under rated: Marlin

Comment

over rated: remington
                        under rated: moss berg

Comment

overrated- mossberg b

underrated- this is tough, dont really have an answer for this one right now...

rockysquirrel, would like to know how you came to the conclusion that glock is an ovverated producer of handguns? by far the most reliable, and they do shoot well if you do your part.

Comment

AAM
                            You a good boy! Hope your 'berg gives you many years of service.

While not the very first (Rem Nylon 66) "plastic" gun, it was the first with" non"metallic working parts. My OFS has a hard time accepting "plastic" guns! LOL!

Remember, these are all "personal" opinions, not necessarily based in scientific fact!

Comment

Overrated - Mossberg tied with Thompson Center
                              Underrated - Ruger

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad