Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was looking at a Remington 700 BDL 7mm RemMag. It has a 3X9 Lyman scope. Anyone know anything about those scopes? Did Lyman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was looking at a Remington 700 BDL 7mm RemMag. It has a 3X9 Lyman scope. Anyone know anything about those scopes? Did Lyman

I was looking at a Remington 700 BDL 7mm RemMag. It has a 3X9 Lyman scope. Anyone know anything about those scopes? Did Lyman make them? I estimate the rifle to be about 15 years old. In 95%+ condition, what do you think it is worth?

Don't know much about Lyman scopes, but here goes.
    The Lyman Alaskan and Lyman American(?) were fixed 4x scopes that were highly regarded and very well made. I have never seen a variable Lyman.
    If it's a true Lyman, it ought to be a Jim dandy and worth hanging on to.

Comment

That Rem-BDL in 1998 New sold for MSRP $475.00 The Scope Pre Dates the Rifle by 45+Yr 1950ish
      The Rifle and Scope in to days used gun market at 95% $350-$375 +/-. The early Lyman scopes were used by U.S. Sniper in WW/II on Springfield 03/03A3.

Comment

* Sorry I was reading Bubba answer on a fix power scope...your 3-9x38 was last made in 1980-made in Japan..The Rifle Value Remains the same,If it were in 222Rem Mag,or 280Rem, in Carbine variation
        Add 50%.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad