Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a new (SxS) double rifle, that is poorly regulated. I am going to scope it to try to improve it's regulation. What would

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a new (SxS) double rifle, that is poorly regulated. I am going to scope it to try to improve it's regulation. What would

I have a new (SxS) double rifle, that is poorly regulated. I am going to scope it to try to improve it's regulation. What would be the best way to sight it in? Try to balance both barrels or just one?

This is why a double is so expensive. Keep in mind, that the scope setting will change as distance does, because the axis of the scope is different from the bore.

Some of the Baikals have adjustment for the barrels. Yours doesn't, apparently. How much are the barrels dis-regulated?

Comment

Scope the barrel that shoots best. "Zero" scope left or right. Right barrel Right zero etc. Measure distance between barrels and "zero" half of that. Your first shot is most important. This will resolve axis problem.

Comment

What range, distance and using what ammo was your rifle regulated for?

Comment

While sighting in keep track of each barrels grouping, for example l1, r1, l2, r2 and so on.

Comment

A scope will not change your rifles regulation. Who ever made your rifle should be able to tell you the distance and ammo used regulating your rifle. Once we have this info we can then try to help you get tighter groups.

Comment

The rifle is a Sabbati 500 Nitro Express. It is regulated for Hornady ammo at 50 meters. The test target shows 2 shots 1 1/2 inch low and 2 inches left of the aiming point. Regulation was done at the factory with a laser, no shots fired. I thought a scope would be the easiest way to correct point of impact.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad