Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm thinking about getting a new rifle. The problem I'm having is what caliber to get. I thinking of getting a 7MM-08 or a 25-06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    The .25-06 will serve you well in Texas and most of Oklahoma. Some places a big, slow brush gun is better. Can't speak to Arizona, having never been there, but the .25-06 will take down an elk, with the right bullet and good shot placement.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Go with the 25-06, or maybe even a 30-06. Won't go wrong with either of them.

Leave a comment:

• youngfisherman
    replied
    I live in Texas but visit Arizona several times a year and I will be going to college in Oklahoma in within the next two years.I will be mainly hunting deer and hogs but would also hunt bigger game in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    First What State are you going to Hunt-in to choose what caliber would do you best? The 25-06 is a Fast Flat shooting round (Long Action) The 7mm-08 is also a Fast Flat Shooting round on a (Short Action) Now what Game are you after??
    Your Hunting will be??? open fields,Wood line,Heavy Woods, over a Food Plot...More Info is needed..to better help you with a Pick.

Leave a comment:

• I'm thinking about getting a new rifle. The problem I'm having is what caliber to get. I thinking of getting a 7MM-08 or a 25-06

I'm thinking about getting a new rifle. The problem I'm having is what caliber to get. I thinking of getting a 7MM-08 or a 25-06. what are the advantages and disadvantages of both calibers

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad