Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true that Wal-Mart is going with the Liberal Agenda and holding ammunition in their warehouses so that it is not available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it true that Wal-Mart is going with the Liberal Agenda and holding ammunition in their warehouses so that it is not available

Is it true that Wal-Mart is going with the Liberal Agenda and holding ammunition in their warehouses so that it is not available to the public?

probably not.

Comment

No, walmart is about making money. Stockpiling ammo is loosing money.

Comment

Na, they just have little trolls that run around buying it up in huge quantities before the working man gets to the store. I would venture to say some people follow the Wally truck into the p-lot just to get it first.... Weirdos.

Comment

Doubtful. That's the sort of thing that could not be kept a secret for very long.

Comment

Incoming monetary funds from the public are more important to Wal-Mart then the liberals political position.

Comment

I doubt it, although they do sometimes have it in a back room and you have to ask for it. Usually with a 2 or 3 box limit. I find the sporting goods dept will post a list of what is in inventory at the time.

Comment

No. As others have said, stockpiling merchandise costs money. Selling merchandise makes money. I talked with the guy at the sporting goods counter at my local WalMart a while back, and asked if they ever get any .22 ammo in. He said sure, they get regular deliveries. Said they had a delivery that morning, a few hours before I was there. It was sold out within minutes, even with a two-box limit. The paranoia crowd finds out when deliveries are expected and they are there waiting.

Comment

I had a chance today to buy two bricks of CCI 40gr
                  .22lr, standard velocity for $60 a brick. Prices are coming down some, a month ago that would have been $90.

Comment

Walmart is only buying enough inventory to get by from moment to moment. Can't blame them. They don't want to get stuck with a bunch of overpriced inventory when the mania subsides and prices collapse. Also, I really doubt you could find a more conservative-leaning corporation than Walmart.

Comment

How you figure that, Honk?
                      Wal-Mart being "conservative", that is.

Comment

A few years back I saw a documentary on that outfit. They fired a young couple for developing a relationship (they subsequently married). Yep, Walmart had a corporate rule against employees fraternizing at the workplace or anyplace else. Claimed it would reduce their productivity on the job. Walmart's battles with attempts at organizing its stores are legendary. The corporation has no respect for American industry or its workers and makes no secret of that. Walmart wrote the book on outsourcing. It has also written the book on conservative business management.

The Walmart family's connections to the Republican party are no secret. Bush senior awarded Sam Walton the Freedom Medal. John Walton was the single largest contributor to Jeb Bush's 2002 governor's campaign. He has stopped contributing only because he was killed in a plane crash three years later.

By the way, Sam Walton was no country hick made good. He was a frat boy (known as "the hustler") with a degree in economics. During WWII he was a captain in military intelligence (but did not serve overseas). He married into money. A lot of it. And that money got him started in the retail business (16 Ben Franklin stores).

Comment

Well Honk, does that offset the $300k the other Walton contributed to Obama? How about Alice Walton and her supporting several "liberal"groups?
                          Yep, WM is hard core anti union, that's why Homaski didn't like 'em!
                          WM ain't against "union" (some od their stores actually do have union employees!) because of "union"! They're anti union because of tje "wage" factor. They have no interest in having any outside interest telling them their business!
                          WM hires couples (husband & wife), sons, daughters, parents, in-laws etc, etc...
                          Only termination I witnessed was over a floor manager having sex with an associate while the associate was on lunch break. Guess the sex show in the parking lot was a bit overboard! LOL!
                          The "union" thing? Yeah, I'll consider that "Conservative".
                          Won't sell handguns? THAT, amigo, is Liberal to the core.In fact! The only "firearm" my "local" WM will peddle is "black powder"! NO cartridge arms! PERIOD!

I don't shop WM for several reasons.
                          1. It's cheap imported "crap"!
                          2. It's cheap imported "crap-o-la"!
                          3. It's cheap... well, I think you get the picture!

I don't see WM as Conservative/Liberal. I see it as a wart on America's hind side!

Comment

Bubba: I suspect Walmart has dropped handguns because it's just too much red tape fuss and bother in too many jurisdictions. Also, as everyone knows, handgun prices and stock availability is very unstable. And there's the pilfering that runs rampant among Walmart's super-low paid, super-low quality staff. If employees steal flat screen TVs, that's one thing. But if a registered pistol turns up missing ... oh, oh! No longer just an in-house cleanup on aisle 8. It's a federal matter! Just too easy to smuggle a handgun out in the lunchbox. I'm quite sure choosing not to sell handguns was a purely business decision. Walmart has always demonstrated that the bottom line $$$ is ALL it is concerned about. Of course, generally speaking, that just happens to gel with the typical conservative's bottom line. Purely coincidental I'm sure but it is what it is. Alice Walton developed a municipal airport and Christian kid's camp in Arkansas and she was instrumental in establishing the Crystal Bridges Art Museum. That somehow makes her a liberal? The Walton Family Foundation contributes significantly to education reform and "conservation" (primarily initiatives for so-called sustainable "green" economic development). I'm not sure either of those could be classified as necessarily liberal (or conservative). Walmart claims it works hard to be "equitable" between both parties in its political contributions. But from 2005 to 2012, "58 percent of [Walmart's] Political Action Committee's donations and 76 percent of the Walton family’s contributions went to candidates endorsed by the pro-gun lobby." (Huffington Post, August 18, 2013). During the last election, the Walton family donated $400,000 to Restore Our Future, Mitt Romney's Super Political Action Committee so I don't see that a $300K donation to Obama (if there actually was such a contribution) signified much of anything except an attempt to be "equitable."

At any rate, I stated that Walmart is about as conservative-leaning a corporation as one is going to find anywhere. Their actions speak much louder than a pattern of semi-equitable political contributions.

Here's the story on the Walmart co-worker couple fired for dating. Ironically, they first met each other in the store's gun department. Was no sex in the parking lot. h.ttp://www.nytimes.com/1993/07/14/nyregion/fraternization-friction-store-aisles-new-york-challenges-wal-mart-over-dismissal.html

Comment

And here's Walmart's current position on fraternization in their ethics manual. Seems they still think they can control their employee's social lives. Look for "fraternization". h.ttp://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/IROL/11/112761/corpgov/Ethics%20_Current.pdf

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                                by 99explorer
                                CRM - It would be nice if you could address the issues presented in opposing comments instead of deriding the person posting the comments.
                                Anybody
                                Today, 01:09 AM
                              • Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                                by rock rat

​​​​​​[email protected]: “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population....
                                Yesterday, 09:27 AM
                              • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                                by 99explorer
                                Dream on boys. We've all seen an actual cold-blooded murder take place on TV, and the kneeling cop will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....
                                Today, 12:57 AM
                              • The George Floyd case.
                                by FirstBubba
                                Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                                Minnesota...
                                Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                              • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                                by crm3006
                                My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                                Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X