Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I know Federal Law states that one cannot purchase a handgun if under the age of 21. I am living in Idaho. Can anyone help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I know Federal Law states that one cannot purchase a handgun if under the age of 21. I am living in Idaho. Can anyone help me

So I know Federal Law states that one cannot purchase a handgun if under the age of 21. I am living in Idaho. Can anyone help me with the regulations on being in possession of a handgun. I.E: hiking with one on my belt, working with one on my belt, (I work outside, on fence-lines where rattlesnakes have a tendency to reside) or having one in my possession, even though I am only 18?

granted it is in plain view, and not concealed in any way.

Comment

i know in az, co, and tx it is legal to open carry at 18 but each state is different. the best thing to do is to call the local sherifs non emergency number and ask them. Most will know not only the state laws but also the local laws on carrying a gun if not they will usually take your info, look up the information and call you back. this is also a good way to figure out if you can carry a gun in other states when on a hunting or camping trip out of state.

Comment

JMO~~ Go on line Open Carry Laws in Idaho

I know its one of the "Gold Star" Open Carry States.

Comment

You can poses and carry a handgun in Idaho at the age of 18.

Comment

Quinton, if I were you I would write a letter to the chief of police in your jurisdiction or the county prosecutor's office. Get something in writing first before you carry a handgun.
            Quinton, if I were you I would write a letter to the chief of police of your jurisdiction or the county prosecutor's office.
            Get something in writing first before you carry a handgun.

I would hate to see you get arrested in handcuffs because somebody gave you advice after drinking four manhattans.

Comment

Sorry, for the double paragraph I carried it over twice from microsoft by mistake.

See what happens when you drink. lol

Comment

Except in a person’s place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a concealed weapon without a license to carry a concealed weapon. This shall not apply to any pistol or revolver located in plain view whether it is loaded or unloaded. A firearm may be concealed legally in a motor vehicle so long as the weapon is disassembled or unloaded.

Comment

Quinton
                  Your ideas are noble.
                  I won't deny that having a handgun while backpacking isn't a BAD idea, take it from someone who has spent their fair share of time building, fixing, repairing and replacing fences! A handgun on your hip in that endeavor is a liability, NOT an asset!
                  If you're properly cautious in snake country, a stout stick will resolve any serpent issues you may encounter.
                  (regardless of what you've seen on "Gunsmoke", a revolver handle does NOT make a good hammer!)

Think about it.

Comment

Should you decide that protection is paramount, might I suggest one of the revolvers that accepts .410 ammo or the "Snake Charmer", which is a legally shortened .410 shotgun single shot.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                      by crm3006
                      Wow: Lindsey Graham Refuses to Issue Big Tech Subpoenas

Un-be-lievable.

Lindsey Graham swore up and down that he would
                      Today, 05:22 PM
                    • Reply to Rest Easy
                      by FirstBubba
                      "... I took your advice and blocked the slimy nine and the red rodent, ..."

Welcome! It's pretty sad to rant and rave on a blog...
                      Today, 04:39 PM
                    • Rest Easy
                      by jhjimbo
                      Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                      Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                    • Reply to Rest Easy
                      by 99explorer
                      Even if the Democrats take the White House and the Senate, it will still take 60 Senate votes to kill the filibuster, because of the filibuster!
                      Today, 03:02 PM
                    • Reply to Rest Easy
                      by jhjimbo
                      They know IF Trump wins and holds the Senate and picks up some down ticket it will mean the end of the Dem party for at least ten years if not more....
                      Today, 02:39 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X