Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GunFightFriday is on. That is my .300 Weatherby. See my target photo of sight in for a bear hunt. First 3 shots are cloverleaf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GunFightFriday is on. That is my .300 Weatherby. See my target photo of sight in for a bear hunt. First 3 shots are cloverleaf.

GunFightFriday is on. That is my .300 Weatherby. See my target photo of sight in for a bear hunt. First 3 shots are cloverleaf. Center shot is where i dialed it in. jhjimbo

After WAM mentioned his off-hand shooting I am going to try that this fall with my rifles and measure groups - maybe 2 fast shots. Never thought of doing it before.
    The rifles can shoot, now it's time to measure my part of the equation.

Comment

nice rifle jhjimbo. The rem will win just because of the uninformed masses but we know what brings home the bacon.

Comment

hengst
        I can also "bring home the bacon" with an H&R Handi-Rifle.
        Hey, I'll admit Wby's are nice, but they aren't necessary!
        It ain't the guitar, it's the fella pickin' th strangs! LOL!

Comment

BTW, jhjimbo! Congrats on having your rifle selected for Gunfight Friday. It's a really nice looking "piece"! You have every right to be proud of it!

...and hengst, my post above is purely in jest.

Comment

FirstBubba IDK the animals in my neck of the mountains and prairies don't let you shoot 'em unless they know you have the decency to use a WBY and they won't let you put their carcass in a Ford either.

Comment

HAHAHA! That's good hengst!
              "I" have more respect for game than to haul 'em in a Ford!
              If you come to visit and drive a GM product, please park around the corner and walk to the house.
              If it ain't got a goat on the hood and a Cummins under the hood, I'd just as soon walk! LOL!

Comment

Very nice rifle and NICE shooting jhjimbo! I voted for your rifle. I like your camo stock too although my favorite thing about the Mark V is the great deluxe stocks that Weatherby produces and yours is beautiful. I also like the 60 degree bolt throw. It is noticeably faster in the field.

I think you have a shooter there and I'd hang onto it if I were you. Also, you might try the 210 Bergers with Retumbo shooting at 600 yards or so. That thing might just surprise you. Best regards!

Comment

Darn nice rifle, jhjimbo!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad