Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody use Barnes bullets or ammunition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody use Barnes bullets or ammunition?

Does anybody use Barnes bullets or ammunition?

yea lots of guys, good bullets.

Comment

Yes. I have had great success with Barnes Triple Shock bullets. Have used them all over the world. So far have found them to shoot well in most of my rifles. They seem to kill well on animals small to large. I want to emphasize have used them a lot, I am not an occasional shooter.

Comment

Barnes makes great bullets.
        -The Kid

Comment

I sure like them. I have used the TSX, TTSX and MRX for deer and bear with great results. They do tend to blow through animals esp deer but I like the way they hold together at short range/high velocity. Everything I have ever shot with one in calibers .243,.270,.308, 45/70 and .50cal ML has gone down within sight.
          Barnes Vor-tx tends to be very accurate factory ammo at least in all my rifles.

Comment

I too have had great success with Barnes Bullets in .270 W, .308W and 30-06. Living in California I try to find a load that works with Barnes TSX or TTSX for all of my rifles.

Comment

Love the accuracy and performance of the TTSX.

Comment

I use their bullets. I don't shoot many of them because of the price but consider them one of the best penetrating bullets money can buy. I also get around .3 MOA at 100 yard accuracy from them. I'll use them for elk hunting this Fall (still trying to decide between the 168g TTSX or the 175g LRX).

Comment

Dakota,
                  What caliber rifle are you planing on killing your elk with?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad