Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which do you think work better, ear plugs or ear muffs? can anyone recommend a certain kind? I have been using plugs lately.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ear muffs are far superior to plugs as far as protection goes. its what i wear.

Comment

Habben, to answer your question about the .22, yes it is damaging your hearing. Wear hearing protection.

Comment

The last few years I have been wearing muffs and plugs. Before that just muffs. Up until I was out of college I didn't wear either and didn't know anyone that did. My hearing isn't bad but I do have a little tinnitus.

Comment

so, just to be clear. I damaged my ears by shooting my .22 WITH ear plugs in my ears? I am wearing ear protection, but its not good enough? guess I will go with muffs and plugs next time.

Comment

Ohhhh! I seemed to have read your question wrong. I suppose it won't be bad for them like shooting a big game cartridge is, but it still isn't good for them. Yes if you got them tested there may be a very VERY slight difference, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. cheers

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad