Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best group you have ever shot offhand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best group you have ever shot offhand?

what is the best group you have ever shot offhand?

I used to be able to hit a 6" paper plate at 100yds 6 times with my S&W .44mag, off hand.
    Don't know the actual group size - I was just happy to hit the plate. I figured it was good enough for deer hunting. It took me probably 500 rounds of practice to be able to do that.

Comment

Forgot to add: with iron sights.

Comment

Ah took 6 shotz at a Pistol Targit at 25 yardz with a Beretta Mod 92 9mm.

Four went through the same hole in the center, and there were two flyers.

So Ah got rid of it.

Cain't stand thet kind of inaccuracy!

Comment

99-6X
          200 yards standing
          Phoenix Arizona 1995

M1A Super Match
          168gr Federal Match
          US Air Force High Power Team
          My last match before retiring

Comment

When I was 14, there was a 55 gallon barrel a good 600ish yards away and I started "MORTARING" 230 gr Ball 45ACP from a Remington 1911 and on the 5th shot, I hit it dead vertically 1/3 the way down from the top

Comment

12 shots rapid fire at 25 yards in a 3 inch circle. One flyer opened the circle to 4 1/2 inches. Colt Python 148 grain 38 spl. wad cutter.

Comment

Three coyotes running into my stand. Used a 12 ga. loaded with Federal Premium 3" copper BB. Range: approx. 5, 10 and 15 yards.
                It was....exciting.

Comment

My best offhand groups were with a High Standard .22LR target pistol. I did a few where 10 shots went through the same hole at 50 feet in intenational match competition. They run paper behind the target to verify that 10 shots had gone through the hole. In reality the hole was about .25 in diameter rather than .224. I can't shoot a rifle offhand for crap. I seem to be able to hit game just fine but shooting offhand groups with a rifle has not been good for me. That is why I use a rest for any longer range shot or I don't shoot.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad